Script causing unclosed connection

Does anyone know if any of the scripts associated with Dolphin, Orca or Ray that causes unclosed connections?

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

yes it uses pconnect  or persistent

inc/db.inc.php

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 11 Aug 2008

My host is saying because of "unclosed connections" I am getting the error "too many sql connections"....

What should I so here? They said to "fix the script"....

yes it uses pconnect  or persistent

inc/db.inc.php

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

open inc/db.inc.php

search pconnect and make it connect

$this->link = @mysql_pconnect( $this->host . $this->port . $this->sock, $this->user, $this->passwd );

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

this may not be your prob, but when I first installed I made a critical error in inputting cron jobs and it started generating that very error too many connections, received an email ever minute about it to......

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

For those not clear what mrp has said:

open inc/db.inc.php

$this->link = @mysql_pconnect( $this->host . $this->port . $this->sock, $this->user, $this->passwd );

This means change it to:
$this->link = @mysql_connect( $this->host . $this->port . $this->sock, $this->user, $this->passwd );

Although I have done this before, I just thought maybe some might be a little confused when he mentions make it connect.

Although make it connect to me means grab it and spank it's behind over and over, but I think the above might have a better overall result.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 13 Aug 2008

post it and what you did...every lil bit of info on here help

this may not be your prob, but when I first installed I made a critical error in inputting cron jobs and it started generating that very error too many connections, received an email ever minute about it to......

Quote · 13 Aug 2008

Ok been a while since i did it but believe it was this cron line

*/10 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/chrisleb/public_html/periodic/notifies.php

in cpanel it just had boxes to input cron, so what i believe i did was put the * in one box and then a / in other then 10 and so on and this may not be the one, but what i did was changed what should have run every 10min to something that ran ever 1 min and it overloaded mysql, it did email me once every minute once i figured it out i had a 100 emails and no data base connection, the emails tiped me off cause they said too many sql connections.... hope this helps someone else.

Quote · 14 Aug 2008

open inc/db.inc.php

EXCELLENT! Thanks MRP!

And also a thanks to gameutopia for the clarification! (And yes sometimes I think a little corporal punishment would work. LOL)

And need we not forget clebarrron for the cron input! Thanks!

I am changing the pconnect to connect and will post again if that has remedied the issue.

Quote · 14 Aug 2008

Success... this appears to have done away with the error!!!!!!!

open inc/db.inc.php

EXCELLENT! Thanks MRP!

And also a thanks to gameutopia for the clarification! (And yes sometimes I think a little corporal punishment would work. LOL)

And need we not forget clebarrron for the cron input! Thanks!

I am changing the pconnect to connect and will post again if that has remedied the issue.

Quote · 20 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.