Shared Hosting Sustainable?

Hi,

I understand most of us are using shared hosting.

I'm building a business portal with Dolphin which I foresee it should grow well and big.

The question - Is shared hosting adequate to run Dolphin?

Seriously. Dolphin includes many wonderful community features - video, forum, classified etc. How many users are we looking at to reach bottleneck with shared hosting? When do we need dedicated hosting?

Best Regards, William

Quote · 25 May 2009

@boonexhosting

You would say that with a post count of 2

and a link to your site full of affiliate links to shared server hosting.

You have broken the first rule of unity

NO SPAM. Advertising is only allowed in Ads, Extensions and Jobs Bids, and in accordance to their respective rules.

you will now be reported.

Quote · 5 Jun 2009

I don't and want post my hosting company. It does support dolphin but I'm not looking for customers. I just think it's a little flakey to make posts  that make you seem like you are trying to help, or repost the same thing I said in a different way.

Quote · 5 Jun 2009

I have mine on a shared hosting plan, although it's not live yet. I've read here that the Ray widgets are what really draws resources from your server. SO if you're not using those you could be good for a while. My host help with the set up so I can get my site up while I tweek it to my liking. We'll both watch the server loads and increase the plan as and when needed.

Quote · 5 Jun 2009

Shared hosting packages are more than suitable for running Dolphin communities. Dedicated hosting packages, however, are always better and allow you to be on your own server and not affected by the usage of others. Check out these shared and dedicated hosting packages over @ Boonex Hosting.

I don't get it.  What is BoonexHosting.com?   Are you associated with Boonex?  If not, have you asked permission to use their name?  It doesn't seem to be a hosting service itself, just a list of the other common hosts.  What is the purpose of that site?

Quote · 5 Jun 2009

Can you say spam.. lol .. Lookin like it more and more. Put on bikini pic.. talk trash. Familiar.

Quote · 5 Jun 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.