Since upgrade to 7.0.5 users can't log in

Users can't log in. Admins can. When I upgrade a user to Admin - then they can log in. If I change them back to a regular member - they can't log in.

Anyone else encountered this? And even better, anyone else find a solution??

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

Get me you site url here please

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 14 Feb 2011

I've had around 10 tickets from members about not being able to login... in the last three days (since our upgrade to 7.0.5). Also from new people trying to sign-up. Click here to take a look if you can please SashaE.

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

I've had around 10 tickets from members about not being able to login... in the last three days (since our upgrade to 7.0.5). Also from new people trying to sign-up. Click here to take a look if you can please SashaE.

All worked  fine. I have created account name as: terminator

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 14 Feb 2011

Thanks - it worked for my tests too. I'm not sure about the issues they had/are having. If we receive any more reports I'll send the results here. Thanks for looking into it.

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

After endless fiddling, I found the problem and the fix (for my site at least): I'm not sure if the ip choices changed or what, but somehow my IP Blacklist setting was changed here:

Admin>settings>advanced settings>security>ip list type

It was set as "2 - all bocked except listed" instead of the setting that was there "1 - all allowed except listed."

Once I set it back, members can log in.

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

How would having the following set to 2 affect logins post-7.0.5 upgrade do you think?

IP Blacklist system mode (1 - total block, 2 - login block): 2

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

It's the setting underneath that one (the Ip list type, not the IP blacklist system mode) that was toggled incorrectly:

IP List Type (1 - all allowed except listed, 2 - all blocked except listed, 0 - disabled):

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

Yup, mine is set as yours (correctly), I just wondered if the one I mentioned had any affect either...

Quote · 15 Feb 2011

My log in not working since 7.0.5 either.

admin can log in, normal users cannot.

Also, I cannot create a test account. I get through registration, then get 'access denied' page when at the top url it is saying Im on the correct user activated page...

Only when I next log in as admin, it says 'user activated' and the user is then added to the members.

Although they still cannot log in!???

Checked security settings, IP list type is 0

IP blacklist is 2

Quote · 15 Feb 2011

Access denied because of IP address is caused by the new filters in D7.0.4 which you must have enabled.

One of those filters must be disabled. It is a test filter. It should not have been included in the distribution of dolphin.

Go to admin->Tools->Anti Spam Tools.

You must disable the filter under DNS Blocklists named zomgbl.spameatingmonkey.net

As posted by Deano on other thread.

Worked for me :-)

Quote · 15 Feb 2011

Hey Guys:

I have not upgraded as of yet & I'm experiencing the same issue with members not being able to log-in

to their accounts & nothing is working to get them in. Even when I get the new password & put it in there is still

this issue. Has anyone found a solution that will be willing to help?

Quote · 21 Feb 2011

@

Thanks my friend that was it.

Quote · 21 Feb 2011

Smile @ggsinc,  I am sooooooo glad u posted a solution as this was baffling me every since I upgraded to 7.05 ( and I only did that because I thought it would help with the video problems i've had with my site Frown it didnt. . .)  I was already frustrated with members complaining they couldn't get thru the sign up process (many were having issues with the date) BEFORE the upgrade.  A member from 50cent G-unit (the entertainer who has their own Ning site) repeatedly told me he could NOT sign up and I had NO CLUE why.  Thanks 4 providing this information, it was truly helpful!

Quote · 28 Feb 2011

I had this problem as well in 7.0.9, its a bug with the anti-spam feature I guess,

If you enabled the DNS Blocklists and URI DNS Blocklists in the settings/security section in Admin you may find that it is causes this problem. (I don't have an Askimet Key so I didn't enable that)

To Gain Access But Still Have Some Security Fix:

Trial and Error bascially, I tried activating and deactivating all the various tools until I found the Culprit for me. You can give it a go yourself and see if it works for you!

So go to the Tools menu in Admin, then the Anti-spam tools section.

Then it will load up the DNS Blocklists first, this was were the problem was for me, It was the second on the list of four. So I deactivated the second on the list by checking it and clicking on deactivate button below the list.

"zomgbl.spameatingmonkey.net." - This is the one when deactivated that allowed my members to gain access again with all the rest remaining activated.

Hope this helps some of you folks, don't know if it is a bug but I will report it anyway.

Mike

Quote · 3 Jul 2012

That is a test setup, everyone should disable it.

[edit]"NOTE: be very careful with enabling zomgbl.spameatingmonkey.net. - because it will block anyone!"

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DolphinAdminAntispamTools

"zomgbl.spameatingmonkey.net." - This is the one when deactivated that allowed my members to gain access again with all the rest remaining activated. 

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 3 Jul 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.