Something went wrong! Please try reloading the pag

Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page.

Fresh install. Now, when i try and access both the admin and front site i get this meassage. "Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page."

I looked into the the error log page this is what I find. 

[14-Apr-2020 12:37:51 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(inc/header.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ab7039/friends.philialove.com/profile.php on line 10
[14-Apr-2020 12:37:51 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'inc/header.inc.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/ab7039/friends.philialove.com/profile.php on line 10

I am on a dedicated server running php 7.3

could someone give me some ideas on how to fix this?

https://friends.philialove.com/

Quote · 15 Apr 2020

It looks like you may have your site in the wrong section of cPanel. It's usually in public_html (depending on your server)

Alternatively, the path to your 'root' could be wrong in /inc/header.inc.php around line 18

Go to cPanel's File manager and find your dolphin site:

On the left side you will see the items shown in the panel.

1. Is the first part of your root directory and

2 is the second part

Combine them to find your site's "root":

/home/xxxx/public_html/dolphin

Of courser your wording may be different. Now add them to your 'Root' path in header.inc.php:

$dir['root']               = "/home/xxxx/public_html/dolphin/";

Yours could be:

$dir['root']               = "/home/xxxx/public_html/";

Don't forget the trailing / (Backslash)

Clear your Cache folders by don't delete .htaccess.

Clear your browser cache. If you don't know how to do this, click Reload in the browser tab.

Try that and it may also clear the Perl issue. Make sure you let us know how you went.

Clipboard02.jpg · 77.7K · 476 views
Quote · 16 Apr 2020

Dolphin will work in a sub directory; when you install Dolphin it will find the correct paths.

The actual message: "Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page" is a database error message.  It threw me for a loop as well when I first saw it.  Boonex's programmers decided to change the normal database message with that message and I disagree with it.  It would have been better to say "There was a database error; please contact the site administrators."  Or something along those lines.  An end user seeing that message can reload the page all day long and it won't do anything.

Please check your logs for mysql error messages if you are logging them.  Also, an email should have been sent to the bug site email address you listed when you installed Dolphin.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 16 Apr 2020

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.