Templates - LOL

OK.

Here's an experiment you can all try at home.

• Create a new template.
  • Make it the default template
  • Delete the now unneeded Uni template
  • Now go to admin > modules > module of your choice.
Now wonder in amazement at why you get an error message saying...

Warning: require_once(/blahblah/templates/tmpl_uni/scripts/BxTemplConfig.php)
 [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/blahblah/inc/params.inc.php on line 92

Mnnnnnnn ???? WTF ???? Why on earth is it looking for the uni template ????

No reason for there to be a dependency on the Uni template - I thought that was the idea of having the base template.

In any case - it should be looking for the new template.

If there is such a dependency between uni and base - why on earth do you not do what i have been suggesting and merge the two together ?????

Further more - what is the admin panel doing having any dependancy at all on templates??? It should either have it's own template or have it's styling hard coded. There is practically no need to style the admin panel at all. And the few instances where this may be necessary do not call for a template.

The template system is already a joke.

It just got worse.

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 18 Jun 2010

Give them some time dude!   I only first reported the admin section using parts of the user side templates in Nov 2009.  Have a little patience. It's only been 7 months.... geez.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 18 Jun 2010

We do not want you to remove the Unity template. We want you to be United. We want to Unite people. We are BoonEx. Fear us.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 18 Jun 2010

Darn - And I was all excited that I finally got around to making a second template for my users.

Here's a workaround...

in BxBaseMenu.php

after

foreach ($aExistedTemplates as $sTemplateID => $sTemplateVal) {

add

if ( $sTemplateVal !== 'UNI') {

after

$sTemplateElement .= '<li><a href="' . $sTemplateUrl . '" class="button more_ntop_element' . $sIActiveClass . '">'.$sTemplateVal.'</a>';

add

}

Quote · 18 Jun 2010

We do not want you to remove the Unity template. We want you to be United. We want to Unite people. We are BoonEx. Fear us.

I don't mind it - my basic template is based on it. I just don't want my users to be able to select it as it makes my site look like a POS due to the fact that I have relocated some stuff

(which required modifications to the base template - but that's different rant altogether).

Quote · 18 Jun 2010

Hey - anyone notice the highlighting of my code in the first post???

I've been wondering why the code style does not work in the editor - looks like Arthur is playing around with adding in syntax highlighting.

Good to see that he is concentrating on getting the bugs ironed out of Dolphin.

/DM

Quote · 18 Jun 2010

In fact - just good to see that he os working on bugs full stop.

Why on earth would you add in more features when there are so many bugs to fix???

This place is beyond me

/DM

Quote · 18 Jun 2010

Why do you like to call him "Arthur?" Is there some form of an insult with that name that I'm missing?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 18 Jun 2010

Half a job

Why do you like to call him "Arthur?" Is there some form of an insult with that name that I'm missing?

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 18 Jun 2010

Already documented...

Use the search button.

LOL

/DM

Quote · 18 Jun 2010

Half a job

Phah - beat me to it - lol

/DM

Quote · 18 Jun 2010

You work at PBS?

Quote · 18 Jun 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.