Test Site - no CSS

I know this question has already been asked, but I'm having problems finding it.  I just got making a test site for my site.  When I pulled it up through the domain, I lost my CSS.  I have no blocks, pictures are disfigured, etc.  How do I bring the .css over to the test site?  If that isn't the problem, what can be causing this?

Thanks.

Quote · 30 Jul 2008

what browser, and where are you hosted, what version of dolphin is installed? you wanna shoot us a link?

i have had this problem multiple times even with the boonex.com/unity site where all the style just leaves. i dont know what causes it, but found it happens mostly in mozilla, and not firefox. i dont use IE so i cant speak of that one.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Well...my main site works fine.  I just decided last night to create a test site because I don't want to take any chances since my users really enjoy the site.  I copied all the files from the main site and placed them into a test folder, established another DB, changed the specifications on some of the files in the test folder, and thats it.  In IE, I went to the domain www.demo.mysite.com and everything was there except the style sheets (at least thats what it seems). Everything is lined up in 1 column (no borders, pictures are split, log in box is on bottom instead top right, I still have links though) 

Lastly, what folder do I establish the DB connection of my test site?  I'm using 2 different DBs.

Thanks,

Craig

Oh yea...happens in IE7 and Firefox

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

/inc/header.inc.php is where your dbase connection information is located.

if you login to admin, is there a template selected?

if you navigate on ftp to site_root/templates/

are there any templates listed here?

could be a number of things, if you didnt set the path in the /inc/header.inc.php when you moved the site, it may not know where to get its information from, so check those settings on that file, and see if that does anything for you.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 31 Jul 2008

Here's a quick test:

While on your site, do a view source. Then, on or around lines 11-15, look for <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Style-Type"... Right below it, you should see a couple of LINK tags that refer to the specific CSS files that it uses for the page. See if those paths exists on your test environment.

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

Here's a quick test:

While on your site, do a view source. Then, on or around lines 11-15, look for <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Style-Type"... Right below it, you should see a couple of LINK tags that refer to the specific CSS files that it uses for the page. See if those paths exists on your test environment.

All the files are accounted for.  How to you link the test site to those files??  Maybe thats the problem.  I'm just frustrated!

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

In your inc/header.inc file be sure all your folder urls are properly set. When you built your test site your folders all moved into a subdomain. Make sure that address set-up is correct in the HEADER.INC

--> home/user/subdomain/public_html/etc/etc/whatever/

The best way to do this--> Open up the header.inc file in your favorite ScriptEditor and do a "find" for the old address and "replace" with the new. Upload the header.inc file and you should be fine.

Quote · 2 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.