Thanks a lot for nothing Boonex

The addition of a default column to the pages was another bad idea that Boonex had for the 7.2/7.3 releases.  When a module installs, it places the blocks into the columns; usually main blocks in column 1 and blocks such as info, actions, etc into column 2.  When it comes time to upgrade from a 7.1 release this additional column can made upgrading the modules a lot more difficult.  Modzzz, in his usual fashion, went the extra distance and provided upgrade scripts to take care of any changes needed in the database.  Thank you Modzzz.  However, not all developers provide such scripts.  Uninstalling the module is not an option; one loses the data of their members and that would be asking for all hell to break loose.

If Boonex had stopped and ask the community about this addition, and if it would cause any problems, then the developers could have said, "Hell yea it is going to cause problems."  The addition added such little value to Dolphin that the value in no way approached the costs.  Thanks a lot for nothing Boonex.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 May 2016

There are quite a few things we should have been asked about before moving forward.

Sure we might not always understand everything they have in mind and some things work better than expected, but the ones that don't 'work' are horrendous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 18 May 2016

Is there a published roadmap with changes pending?

I've done some searches and couldn't really find anything.

Quote · 18 May 2016

Here is a big problem that I am facing with this new column 1 when trying to upgrade sites; everything that use to be in column 1 now needs to be moved to column 2.  Anton has modules that store information on column items in arrays in a database table; his Pages modules and Composer modules are some I know of.  Uninstalling these modules is not an option; members would have my head on a silver platter.  The data stored in the arrays has to be updated outside of the module, outside of Dolphin.

Boonex created a big headache over something that was not really an improvement.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 19 May 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.