The Wall function

Hi. I couldn´t wait for the dolphin 7, so I built my own "Facebook"-wall.

As I am running a fishing community I call it "The Fishing Wall". It collects all activities made by me or any of my connected friends including new catches, photos, blog posts, forum posts and all commenting on these areas.

My statistics over pageviews and the activity on the site has raise big time! Laughing

Heres a screenshot: http://www.myfishmap.com/pics/temp/thewall.jpg

Hopefully this is what comes in dolphin 7 or if not - maybe this is something you really prioritate.

Quote · 15 Jan 2009

wow nice done...  a 10+ for you

Kids first
Quote · 15 Jan 2009

Awesome!  I would love to have that.  I just bought the Ultimate Activity Feed and it's close but yours looks much better.

Quote · 16 Jan 2009

Is there only one wall, or does every member get their own wall?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 31 Jan 2009

If you look at the picture, tis a detail of a profile...

Kids first
Quote · 31 Jan 2009

Very Nice Work i too am curious do all members get their own wall!!

Quote · 5 Feb 2009

Walls for all members that will be real kool Cool

Quote · 6 Feb 2009

On Facebook all members have their own wall too, so this isnt new

Quote · 13 Mar 2009

call me an old fart if you like, and i dont use facebook, but i dont get the wall thing, you go into somebodys profile, make a comment on their wall. Isnt that the same as making comments in the  profiles that we have already. i dont really see the difference. So what am i missing? why is this cooler than say commenting on somebodys profile. I just dont get it. :-)

Quote · 14 Mar 2009

call me an old fart if you like, and i dont use facebook, but i dont get the wall thing, you go into somebodys profile, make a comment on their wall. Isnt that the same as making comments in the  profiles that we have already. i dont really see the difference. So what am i missing? why is this cooler than say commenting on somebodys profile. I just dont get it. :-)

OK.  You're an old fart.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 14 Mar 2009
LOL... So true.... Eeeee, when i were a lad, the only wall we had, was the one i used to climb and kicka football agaisnt... "yougens today, they dont know they're born wi all these new fangled inventions. :-) Tee hee
Quote · 14 Mar 2009

LOL... So true.... Eeeee, when i were a lad, the only wall we had, was the one i used to climb and kicka football agaisnt... "yougens today, they dont know they're born wi all these new fangled inventions. :-) Tee hee

There's too many inventions.  It cracks me up to see video games like MLB2009 advertised about how realistic they are.  When I was a kid we didn't have such realistic basebal video games.  We were forced to go ouside with a real baseball, a real glove, and a real bat, and play a real game.  Social networking meant gathering enough other kids to play the games.  Ironically, I want to use a social networking website to help get people away from computers.

Quote · 14 Mar 2009

If you want to have children playing outsite, then there is only one really solution : 

remove all computers from your home.... :)  Don't buy a TV or DVD.. 

In my time we not have all this, so we played outsite and evenings boardgames...  :) and we ware happy...

Kids first
Quote · 15 Mar 2009

OK.  You're an old fart.

Don't pay any attention to these young whipper snappers Tyke!  I don't really get the wall thing either.  An old girlfriend from 25 years ago just found me on Facebook, and wrote on my wall that she wants me to date her sister!  Didn't see that one coming.

-

Houston - yes, we all need to get our noses out of the computer sometimes.  Check out this sports social network I just found on Craigslist: http://sportsvite.com Damn good idea.  I might use it to organize an old farts beach volley ball game here.

-

Rob

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

OK.  You're an old fart.

Don't pay any attention to these young whipper snappers Tyke!  I don't really get the wall thing either.  An old girlfriend from 25 years ago just found me on Facebook, and wrote on my wall that she wants me to date her sister!  Didn't see that one coming.

-

Houston - yes, we all need to get our noses out of the computer sometimes.  Check out this sports social network I just found on Craigslist: http://sportsvite.com Damn good idea.  I might use it to organize an old farts beach volley ball game here.

-

Rob

LOL@she wants you to date her sister.... This wall sounds dangerous to me..... No good ever came out of graffitti :-)

I like these sites that encourage you to do more away from them, the only ones ive ever seen are things like photography ones that get you out and about taking snap shots of things. (only so many angle shots you can take of your mouse after all. LOL). Good idea to encourage folk to get out more. Mind you, these days, you can always take your laptop with ya or your cell phone with internet, so you dont suffer too much anxiety. :-)

Quote · 15 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.