Timeline needs a like button

Can we get a "like" button in the timeline?

like it.jpg · 144.9K · 607 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 6 Aug 2015

I second that motion.

Quote · 6 Aug 2015

How about share button as well :p I have been asking for it. Even in jobs 

Umar Haroon
Quote · 6 Aug 2015

Also essential. The internet's all about sharing.

Quote · 6 Aug 2015

And a dislike button, just because 2000 people liked your post, 200000 may have disliked it.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Aug 2015

Yes... a like button is most urgent. Without it, we can't be just like facebook. 

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 6 Aug 2015

Having functionality for liking some thing will not make you look like facebook..you can always put a cracked heart instead of thumbs up :p same case is with share button..you can always rename it to reblog retweet..or a word i wana use for my website "Social It"

Umar Haroon
Quote · 6 Aug 2015

Also add a follow button and integrate AddThis into every part of the site so it will be easy for members to share on their favorite social networks, not just a select few networks. And site owners can keep track of their shares with AddThis analytics.

Integrate shrink the web or something to show the video in the timeline when sharing a url. Not just showing a link to the video.

Quote · 6 Aug 2015

Interesting :)

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 6 Aug 2015

Also add a follow button and integrate AddThis into every part of the site so it will be easy for members to share on their favorite social networks, not just a select few networks.

Have you not been keeping up?

Every single page just about has the share features now.

share already here.JPG · 47K · 601 views
Quote · 7 Aug 2015

How about being a little respectful to one another. Let's get back to feed backs.

Share icon is on the top for almost every function. Yes some may missed it , it happens.

Like and dislike button good to have but if it missed on this version , it's not the end of the world.

Let's address the essential and important parts so this version get released soon.

I really need this version soon.

Quote · 7 Aug 2015

I saw the share button. I was talking about something different, but it would probably just take up too much time. I just think it would be cool to share to vk and other networks too.

I really do think we need the like button, a follow button, and a repost button to keep people busy. I'm not worried too much about it though I am eager for the stable release. 

Also add a follow button and integrate AddThis into every part of the site so it will be easy for members to share on their favorite social networks, not just a select few networks.

Have you not been keeping up?

Every single page just about has the share features now.

Quote · 7 Aug 2015

Like and dislike button good to have but if it missed on this version , it's not the end of the world.

This is true.  It is also true that giving people a single option  of whether to click a 'Like' button or not to click a 'like' button, is a worn out concept.  Why not have other options available?  I wouldn't mind a selector so people could choose something other than "Like"   Statistics on posts would be a little more interesting, and might look something like this:

• 3 people like what you have to say.
  • 12 people think you're an idiot
  • 1 person thinks you're a genius
  • 22 people think you should just shut up
  • 7 people would like to hear more

Of course all this takes two clicks instead of just one, and each post would need more database fields to track the different responses, but it's a fairly straightforward thing to do.  The various responses, would of course, be defined in the administration area so they could be tailored to fit in with the theme of the website.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 7 Aug 2015

Again, another useless waste of timeline and reading.

OK.. I'll be nice.

Yes, the like button would be a fabulous addition to the wonderful new timeline.  I think something in a lovely mauve pastel with a white border would be nice.  What do you think my good friend?

Quote · 7 Aug 2015

7.2 currently doesn't have Like buttons - we're using "Votes" with 5 star ratings. Also no "Share" that would repost content in one's timeline. 

They will be added though, and likely in one of the smaller updates after 7.2 release. We have them in Trident, but have been testing to see all the potential issues, etc. It's not a trivial things, you see... "Likes" should in some cases "subscribe" you to the content you liked, to some of the updates that it gets, like comments, or "also liked". And at the same time you want those updates paced, to avoid notifications flood. And "share" is also not very simple - when content is reposted, it may or may not inerit privacy settings of the original. Then there's a repost of the repost. Then possibility of the content deletion. And perhaps perhaps "likes to comment to reposted content that needs to be deleted". 

I mean, we'll do it. Just don't think it's minor job :) .

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 7 Aug 2015

I think something in a lovely mauve pastel with a white border would be nice.

If you like that color then go right ahead. 

I'll stick with what looks good.

Quote · 7 Aug 2015

Wow..

"Likes" should in some cases "subscribe" you to the content you liked, to some of the updates that it gets, like comments, or "also liked". And at the same time you want those updates paced, to avoid notifications flood.

I and another that suggested I post this, only want a single like feature, a thumbs up or whatever. 

No need for subscribing, and I'm not talking comments.

The example given in the original post only suggest a simple like.

i.e. "I like the picture you posted on my timeline" is done a lot simpler with a simple like or thumb and not typing all that out in a comment.

Talk about overblown.

Quote · 7 Aug 2015

Again, another useless waste of timeline and reading.

OK.. I'll be nice.

Yes, the like button would be a fabulous addition to the wonderful new timeline.  I think something in a lovely mauve pastel with a white border would be nice.  What do you think my good friend?

Seems my comments are edited and deleted but useless comments are allowed.

Quote · 7 Aug 2015

Had to leave that for the "fabulous addition to the wonderful new timeline" bit. Sorry :)

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 7 Aug 2015

Yes... a like button is most urgent. Without it, we can't be just like facebook. 

Needless to say that I've LIKE this!!

Quote · 25 Aug 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.