Timeline text box size

How does one change the height of the text box on the timelime?

Quote · 17 Jun 2018

I'm not sure what you actually mean. Can you take a screenshot because the timeline doesn't have a text box as such. There may well be text in the timeline, but the height of the area is determined by the amount of text it holds. Please keep in mind that the way you see things may not be the way others intemperate them. Screenshots really do help.

Quote · 17 Jun 2018

The box that I refer to is the only box on the timeline that allows you to type text into it to post things to your timeline.

It is in fact there by default.

It is labeled "POST TO TIMELINE".

It has a large blue button on it that you click that says "Submit" right below it.

Here is a link to my time line so you can actually go there and see it.

https://trinityfountain.com/john15-16/index.php

Quote · 17 Jun 2018

Firstly, it's the text area inside the Post to Timeline block. Although it may be default, I don't have it on any timeline on the sites I maintain and it's not on yours when I visit as a guest. You must have the option for guests to comment switched off.

I'm just guessing here, but a screenshot would have saved me the trouble. I assume the text area stays the same size  when a comment is made. I'm also guessing that a member would have to scroll to read long comments.

If either are the case, you may wish to enlarge the box, but remember, it will remain large even when it's empty. That may not be to pleasant.

You need to alter some code:

/modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/css/post.css

Alter Line 68 (Second last line) to read whatever height you want (say):

div.wall-ptype-cnt div.WallPostText_wrapper textarea.form_input_textarea {

height: 100px;

}

Need I say it, backup first, use a non-destructive editor (Notepad, Notepad++) and clear the cache.

Quote · 18 Jun 2018

I have a damp server for testing.

I made the change that you suggested.

Cleared the site cache.

No effect.

Thanks for looking into it though. :)

Quote · 18 Jun 2018

Did you clear the browser cache as well? You should do this after every change you make because browsers tend to cache more and more stuff daily. Oh - it works! (See screenshots)

Before 80.jpg · 10.2K · 186 views
After 200.jpg · 12K · 194 views
Quote · 18 Jun 2018

Perhaps my test environment is not free from hiccups.

After several times of following all of your advice, it finally worked.

I truly do appreciate the information.

Quote · 21 Jun 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.