Tracking down code...

Hi All,

I have a button on my site that is part of a custom module i had written for us. I would like to replicate the button and place it on another page. The button opens a form.

What is the best way to go about this. I assume it would be a case of tracking down the lines of code (using firebug? and then placing a new button on the page and linking it to the duplicated code???

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan : )

Quote · 21 Oct 2014

. I assume it would be a case of tracking down the lines of code (using firebug?

Nope.  Firebug only shows you the html code that is presented to the browser. It won't be much help finding any php code that implements the functionality.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 21 Oct 2014

Thanks HL.... I have found the OnClick command for the button.... could this be used or would I have to sort through the code?

Quote · 21 Oct 2014

That's a start. Then you need to find the function that the onclick event calls and see what parameters are passed to the function to do whatever it does. 

Good luck.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 21 Oct 2014

if u have those php files in ur site ...then download and open in text editor...u can't see php files on firebug.. php is server side file..

Quote · 21 Oct 2014

Thanks guys.. think i can tackle this now : )

Quote · 22 Oct 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.