Trying to Install RMS

Hello Unity,

I am trying to install RMS on my server. I have all the requirements for it and Dolphin including JRE. I have root access and using SSH. I made all the necessary change according to the trac and the ran the command ./red5.sh.

I got this long list with bootstrap complete..... at the end. As far as I could see there were no errors. I went ahead and ran ./run_daemon.sh then ps ax | grep red5 and got this:

1533 pts/0    Sl     0:05 /usr/java/jre1.6.0_16/bin/java -Dpython.home=lib -
Dred5.root=/home/username/rms -Dlogback.ContextSelector=org.red5.logging.Loggin
gContextSelector -Dcatalina.useNaming=true -Djava.security.debug=failure -cp
/home/username/rms/red5.jar:/home/username/rms/conf:/home/username/rms/lib/ejb3-per
sistence.jar:.:/usr/local/jdk/lib/classes.zip org.red5.server.Bootstrap
1594 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep red5

Any Ideas on how to fix this or what it is I am doing wrong. And also port 1935 and HTTP port 5080 are open.

Note: I am installing this in my home directory at this time, but I also get the same thing when I run ps ax | grep red5 when I try it install it in the root.

Quote · 20 Oct 2009

I take it nobody knows how to fix this.

Quote · 21 Oct 2009

Dear Customer.

You have not specified the problem itself.

All that you say is a normal behavior of RMS but why do you think you've got a problem.

Do you see any errors like Can't connect in your Ray widgets or what?

Best regards,

Igor L.

Quote · 21 Oct 2009

Now as I have stated! When I run the command ./red5.sh it euns through what looks like the start up process and I do not see any errors and no I can not connect to the rms when I put all the info into the required areas and click save a red window pops up saying can not connect to RMS.

I don't know what the problem is I am trying to figure it out so it will connect.As far as this goes.

1533 pts/0    Sl     0:05 /usr/java/jre1.6.0_16/bin/java -Dpython.home=lib -
Dred5.root=/home/username/rms -Dlogback.ContextSelector=org.red5.logging.Loggin
gContextSelector -Dcatalina.useNaming=true -Djava.security.debug=failure -cp
/home/username/rms/red5.jar:/home/username/rms/conf:/home/username/rms/lib/ejb3-per
sistence.jar:.:/usr/local/jdk/lib/classes.zip org.red5.server.Bootstrap
1594 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep red5

That isn't what should show I should be getting something like this or similar when running ps ax | grep red5

18247 pts/0    Sl+    0:55 /opt/red5new_555/jre1.x/bin/java -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=conf/red5.policy -cp red5.jar:conf:. org.red5.server.Standalone

As far as i can tell I am getting no errors at all.

The ports specified are open I made all the necessary changes as per the trac just not able to get it to connect.Also when I run the ./red5.sh command it shows that all (board, chat, global, im and video) are started. I do not get an out put even close to this.

[INFO] 6413main:( org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.info ) RootWebApplicationContext: initialization completed in 84 ms
[INFO] 6595 main:( org.mortbay.log.info ) StartedSelectChannelConnector @ 0.0.0.0:5080
[DEBUG] 6596main:( org.red5.server.Standalone.debug ) Startup done in: 6597 ms

I would paste what I do get here but it is very long and has some sensitive  info also.

From what it looks like to me is that it starts up for about 5 seconds and then stops for some reason.

I am sorry I didn't specify weather or not it was connecting, I just assumed that you would know that I wasn't able to connect. Cause I wouldn't of asked this if I was able to connect.

I am using 6.1.6 also and RMS For 6.1.5 and 6.1.6 for Linux.

Hope the extra information helps clear things up a little and thank you Igor for pointing this out.

Quote · 21 Oct 2009

When you just run ./red5.sh are you able to connect your Ray Admin? Do the Apps work (chat, shoutbox, etc.)?

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 21 Oct 2009

Nope nothing at all. The only things working is the shout box as far as that goes. I just see connecting when I try to use Chat, board, Im. Also when I add my IP for the RMS and I add the proper ports I get cannot connect to RMS.

I use the red5 Test they provide in the trac and get NetConnection.Connection.Failed.

Quote · 22 Oct 2009

1.  RMS must be installed by user "root" in the "root directory" or it will not work no matter what you do.

2.  Verify your JRE path with your host.

3.  Do you have a VPS or Dedicated server?  The RMS will NOT run in a shared environment

4.  Have you tried ordering the RMS to shut down & restart?  Perhaps you need to go in and manually restart it:

Login as Root in SSH

Run the following command (Note, you need to adjust the file path to match what yours is.  This should restart the RMS for you if you have everything else perfect.  If it's not then it will not restart the RMS and you know to go back in and look at everything again to find your error.

cd /root/opt/ray_server/rms/ ; ./run_daemon.sh &

***Note if you have a VPS or Dedicated and all other things correct then you can have RMS, if you have a shared plan then you must lease the RMS from someone who has it.

Quote · 22 Oct 2009

1.  RMS must be installed by user "root" in the "root directory" or it will not work no matter what you do.

2.  Verify your JRE path with your host.

3.  Do you have a VPS or Dedicated server?  The RMS will NOT run in a shared environment

4.  Have you tried ordering the RMS to shut down & restart?  Perhaps you need to go in and manually restart it:

Login as Root in SSH

Run the following command (Note, you need to adjust the file path to match what yours is.  This should restart the RMS for you if you have everything else perfect.  If it's not then it will not restart the RMS and you know to go back in and look at everything again to find your error.

cd /root/opt/ray_server/rms/ ; ./run_daemon.sh &

***Note if you have a VPS or Dedicated and all other things correct then you can have RMS, if you have a shared plan then you must lease the RMS from someone who has it.

I did all of that. As far as the path goes to my jre. I know it because I installed jre my self on my server. I have a dedicated. I have complete access to everything.

I followed the trac to install RMS to the letter even on how to start it and stop it manually, but when I add the info in Ray I get cannot connect to RMS and also as i said the red5.sh tester shows that connection failed. I originally tried root directory. And get the same things as stated in the other posts.

The only thing not working is the RMS. And I know I have everything I need to run it, my host asked me what I needed so they could build the server to my specs. And 24 hrs later I had my server and I installed Dolphin and that went without a hitch. Runs just fine. Had a lot of problems running Dolphin on a shared environment even with the proper requirements. I knew I wouldn't be able to use RMS on shared server. I did forget to mention about jre though so I had to install it myself and that is fine also, I confirmed with my host to make sure I installed it properly and running since it was my first time installing something to a server. I just followed the install instructions there also. I was able to install APF and BFD myself. I just can't get this one going. And since RMS is a third-party script they do not use themselves it will cost a pretty penny to have them look into it. They looked into my JRE, AFP and BFD installs for free.

Quote · 22 Oct 2009

you may want to make sure that access.dat has your domain with www and without.

www.example.com

example.com

Sometimes that may make a difference.

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 22 Oct 2009

All ready tried that. I have www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com in access.dat. Still nothing. I don't understand. I did everything the trac had about installing RMS and followed it to the letter and still getting nothing.

I even added the ports in webbapps/*/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties (Where * stands for the widget name)

Ex. webapp.contextPath=/chat
webapp.virtualHosts=10.10.10.10:1935

And that didn't work.

My JRE path is: /usr/java/jre1.6.0_16

My path to RMS is: /rms

So it looks like this for java:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.6.0_16;

and like this with rms

RAY_SERVER_PATH=/rms;

Did it by the book and still not getting anywhere.

Quote · 22 Oct 2009

The answer is right here: 

All ready tried that. I have www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com in access.dat. Still nothing. I don't understand. I did everything the trac had about installing RMS and followed it to the letter and still getting nothing.

I even added the ports in webbapps/*/WEB-INF/red5-web.properties (Where * stands for the widget name)

Ex. webapp.contextPath=/chat
webapp.virtualHosts=10.10.10.10:1935

And that didn't work.

My JRE path is: /usr/java/jre1.6.0_16

My path to RMS is: /rms

So it looks like this for java:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.6.0_16;

and like this with rms

RAY_SERVER_PATH=/rms;

Did it by the book and still not getting anywhere.

The answer is right there in that post CD, 2nd to last line you posted to be exact.  You have the RAY_SERVER_PATH=/rms;

It should be:  RAY_SERVER_PATH=/root/rms;

Note the subtle but distinct difference in them?  When you put /rms it looks like this:

/home/public_html/rms; for your RMS.

But when you put:  /root/rms; it knows to ignore the home & public_html directories because you have specifically specified that to it.  So, check your path, place the /root/ in front of the rms; & then try it all out again. 

Good luck

Quote · 22 Oct 2009

Well that seemed to do the trick so far. I changed /rms to /root/rms then ran ./run_daemon.sh then ran this ps ax | grep red5 and got these results:

27056 pts/0    Sl     0:05 /usr/bin/java -Dpython.home=lib -Dred5.root=/root/rms -Dlogback.ContextSelector=org.red5.logging.LoggingContextSelector -Dcatalina.useNaming=true -Djava.security.debug=failure -cp /root/rms/red5.jar:/root/rms/conf:/root/rms/lib/ejb3-persistence.jar:.:/usr/local/jdk/lib/classes.zip org.red5.server.Bootstrap
27120 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep red5

But when I went in to Flash Apps admin and and saved the settings again I did not get can't connect to RMS anymore and now Chat, Im, and Profile Video are not hanging on connecting any more I am actually able to see the chat and the profile video screens.

Now later this evening I will test them out to make sure they work properly...

SO far so good Thank you very much mydatery for the help and everyone else that help in this matter also.

Quote · 22 Oct 2009

Your welcome CD, and I had to go look that one up myself in my own RMS files.  I knew it was a simple thing, just wasn't positive of exactly what it was until you posted that and I went and checked my own to make sure. 

Glad I had the files to look it up with.

Quote · 22 Oct 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.