USERNAME AREA DOES NOT FUNCTION

Dear all please some help,

Potential members tried to register but it appears that they can not register due to a fault that happens on the screen. When one writes his/hers name the red button comes up with the indication "Your user name must contain only latin symbols numbers or underscore (_) or minus (-).

MEMBERS CAN NOT REGISTER

I went to the Admin Fields Builder to check the data.In the Fields these are the values

General   
System Name:     NickName    
Caption:     Username    
Description:     Select Username which will be used for logging in to the site     
Type:         Text

Advanced
Mandatory:  tic is checked            
Minimum value:     4    
Maximum value:     254    
Unique:  tic is checked        
Check:     return ( preg_match( '/^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+$/', $arg0 ) and BxDolService::call('nickname_filter', 'check', array($arg0)) and !file_exists( $dir['root'] . $arg0 ) );     
Default value:     Nothing in the box

Mandatory error message:     You must enter Username     
Minimum exceed error message:     Your Username must be at least {0} characters long     
Maximum exceed error message:     Your Username should be no longer than {0} characters long     
Non-unique error message:     This Username already used by another. Please select another Username.     
Check error message:     Your Username must contain only latin symbols, numbers or underscore ( _ ) or minus ( - ) signs     

Matching
Match with field:         
Match percent:    

What can I do? Thank you in advance

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Do you mind posting the URL to your website?

Be a dolphin, be creative in you own way and you will attract a audience
Quote · 1 Jun 2011

I don't mind here  it is

http://www.independentartscouncil.org

thank you

Pan

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Try to uninstall the Nickname filter mod...

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 1 Jun 2011

I am absolutely convinced that this is the simplest thing in the world ... but how do i do that...?

I just drag and drop the NickName button from the field or I need to do something else?

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

No OK I went to the modules area and i can not uninstall it says

Nickname filter version 1.0.1 by eSASe You have the most current version.

Guys and girls you have been excellent  thank you in advance...

the problem still exists though!!!

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

I will try to do it through the FTP

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

It sounds like you clicked Update instead of Uninstall.

Go back to it, check it than click Uninstall

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

I went to Modules and clicked uninstall but nothing.

Then I went to FTP modules and deleted the file Nickname filter, the version installed

and then I went back to modules on my boonex panel tried to uninstall but nothing

said:

Cannot uninstall module from "esase/nickname_filter/" directory Failed

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Please check your inbox.

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

I went to Modules and clicked uninstall but nothing.

Then I went to FTP modules and deleted the file Nickname filter, the version installed

and then I went back to modules on my boonex panel tried to uninstall but nothing

said:

Cannot uninstall module from "esase/nickname_filter/" directory Failed

Wrong steps !! (Turn back that module)

1. You should uninstall the nickname filter first

2. You can delete module via FTP if you wish

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Guys and Girls... I LOVE YOU

I works really well... I guess the NickName filter created a problem.

Wolf2217 thank you ever so much for your prompt reply and help I was about to leave it to you.

It was rather simple... It is just me that I am learning it.

SashaE thank you till the stars and even further. It has been a bugger to solve this issue

and for days I was thinking like both the dum and the idiot what has caused this issue.

All i needed to do was to send to you all a message.

Thank you!

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Congrats!

You are not the only one who has had difficulty with modules installations/uninstalls along with other features for that matter.

Dolphin is big and it takes a little bit of time working around it.

I always perform local testing on new systems before going live with them, learn how to get around the administration panel and how to perform administrative tasks.

Once a site is live it's always possible it will attract more users than expected and i've had a friend that had just that with his Dolphin site.

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

you are welcome

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

You are Stars

Thank you

Pan

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.