Ultimate Points Mod Support (Modzzz) - part 6

2 May 2017

Please re-upload the modules\modzzz\point\classes\BxPointModule.php file to resolve an issue with assigning level when full name display option is activated in Dolphin settings.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
2 May 2017

I have a problem integrating Points module with other of your modules: Listings, Classified Ads, Investments, etc. Please help!

9 May 2017

You need to provide more details of the problem. Are you getting an error when you run the corresponding sqlpoints.php files for those modules ?

I have a problem integrating Points module with other of your modules: Listings, Classified Ads, Investments, etc. Please help!

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
10 May 2017

I am trying to create new actions, but the actions do not work for modules: Listings, Investments, etc. It doesn't calculate the points at all. The SQL files were run for the modules.

10 May 2017

Actions must correspond to existing alerts that are built into the code. Give specific examples of actions you are trying to add. 

I am trying to create new actions, but the actions do not work for modules: Listings, Investments, etc. It doesn't calculate the points at all. The SQL files were run for the modules.

10 May 2017

For, example, there is no actions for Business Listings. I see that the code is there for "Adding a Listing", but it is not working. Under Manage actions there is no actions for Listings. How do Ifix it?

10 May 2017

Also, it doesn't calculate the points for Facebook Ads. Members are advertising using points to pay, but the points are not deducted. And when members are using points to Feature their Business Listing, it doesn't deduct their points too. 

10 May 2017

The purchase membership upgrade using points doesn't seem to be working. The points are deducted when member "purchases" a higher membership but then their membership level is staying the same.

10 May 2017

@lubajewell - I will have to look at your site to see what is happening there. The issues you are reporting are abnormal. PM me the details.

10 May 2017

Are you upgrading from a paid membership level to another paid level ? If so, the module is configured so that the new level starts after the present level expires.

The purchase membership upgrade using points doesn't seem to be working. The points are deducted when member "purchases" a higher membership but then their membership level is staying the same.

10 May 2017

Are you upgrading from a paid membership level to another paid level ? If so, the module is configured so that the new level starts after the present level expires.

@Modzzz: Hmmm. I'll double check but none of my memberships were set with a time expiration. As such if that's the case the "upgrade" would never occur.

And I took off the auto-upgrade because I think there's an easy exploit since those points aren't deducted. Let me explain...

Say I set membership with extra features and "paid" benefits at 10,000 points but set the auto-upgrade once they reach that milestone. They get upgraded but don't lose those points (as they would/should when purchasing that same membership). Now if I allow donation of points then one person with enough points to upgrade automatically could literally donate the same points to another who (having reached 10,000 points then) would auto-upgrade. Who could do the same as well. So theoretically one player having enough points could get an infinite other accounts upgraded with same points. And if I have membership upgrade bonuses in place one savvy member could set up a bunch of accounts and get the bonus points and donate everything back to the primary account.

In itself this isn't an issue but since I'm incorporating your rewards mod, credits mod (with credit/points conversion), points for store, etc. -- I've got to be acutely aware of how members can earn points and what they can spend them on.

I've minimizes quick cheats by only allowing donation of points to higher membership levels. 

But back to the initial question/issue -- I'll double check the settings but please confirm how each of the controls on your admin page effect each other. Because the first part in the below screenshot seems to only apply to auto-upgrade. So when I had everything only set to purchase membership upgrades I had this checked off. But you explanation suggests then the old membership wouldn't expire (which means since it had no expiration the upgrade fails). Let me know if I'm missing something.

So if I leave the first two check boxes unchecked and then have client upgrade through Points Membership page shouldn't it upgrade right when points are deducted?

Thanks as always and keep up the awesome top-tier Boonex development work.

10 May 2017

I think the issue may have been trying to work with existing members at higher memberships that were in system before I installed the point mod. Perhaps your mod requires the previous history of points/memberships to function correctly?

I did a couple new test accounts and it works as expected.

One improvement still i'd say is a necessity is that auto-membership deduct the points when they reach that level. Otherwise it can be exploited as mentioned before. Actually I think a better way to handle the flow on this would be when a member reaches enough points to up membership they get a pop-up alert advising them. And with that pop-up two options (yes, I'd like to upgrade my membership for "x" points -or- No, I don't wish to upgrade my membership at this time)

The benefit to this is that if the user earns enough points for the next membership tier he will get a notice for that one -- and if he purchases then he will have saved using points for the membership below. All the while they can always still navigate to your points membership page to use the points for any membership they have enough points to get.

10 May 2017

Having some challenges getting new actions to trigger with alerts from other modules. I've got a number of modules from both you (Modzzz) and AQB Software. Below is a shot from their pages modules relating to the built-in alerts.

So for your actions I assume using I'd use the following...

Alert Unit: aqb_pages

Action: add

Unfortunately it's not triggering the point allotment. What do you think????

12 May 2017

The issue is not solved. Points are not counted for Facebook Ads and for Business Listings. 

13 May 2017

Deletions are not working for me.  Points get added for forums, blogs, photos, etc. but deleting same does not subtract points.  First noticed after I had setup my new levels so I deleted the mod and reinstalled vanilla.  I'm seeing the same issue "out of the box".  Anyone else seeing this?

17 May 2017

@treedood - not sure if this is not working for me but I noticed on the actions page anything you set as a negative points displays with a double negative (example "--2 points). Which if its mathematically applied that way then it would end up being a positive Cry

17 May 2017

@neotekcorp - Thanks for the response.  This is not a "double-negative" problem though.  On the last install, I left the action points at their installed values (pretty much everything set to 2).  Any active action should add a record to the modzzz_point_history table.  Adding a blog post, for instance, is doing that.  Those are easy to spot as they show up as action_id 105 in the table.  When I delete a blog post, no record gets added.  Those should show up as action_id 106 but they aren't being generated.  I'm wondering if there might be a conflict with one of the other installed mods.  If you get around to testing a delete on your installation, I'd be interested in hearing if it's working for you.

Thanks...

18 May 2017

@neotekcorp - It seems as if you are entering negative numbers in the setup. Points values should always be positive. The module will add or subtract internally, depending on the type of action.

@treedood - I will investigate your report.

18 May 2017

Okay, need a little guidance if something isn't working properly or if this is a missing function/quirk.

Two things.

1. It appears to me that the progress bar isn't reflecting the accurate information. In the screenshot below it appears on the progress meter this member is at Disciple level and 34,991 points away from the next level -- Prophet. But the level it shows this member is already at is Prophet.
  2. Further regarding the levels. If I assign a level to someone manually thru the admin it ends up being overridden by the points to level function when they hit a new milestone. However, you yourself have levels such as sponsor, founder, bouncer -- which are great to give to members for doing something or having something special outside the points-based progress to level up. But it seems if I assigned a level such as sponsor (which has no min/max points) when that member hits any of the regular level milestones it triggers and reverts to that one level. Am I missing some setting to avoid this?
    1. I noticed each level can be set to be purchasable (yes/no). Can you explain what actual impact this has on them as I don't see a section where users can see the levels to purchase them. Didn't know if this could be set a certain way to avoid the above issue.
19 May 2017

And still getting same problem with the auto assigning of Membership levels as well. 

And odd behavior too. I am "purchasing" membership with points. It registers as it purchased and reflects in the points history. But the membership doesn't change. Also, once those points go down and it hits a threshold for a lower membership it's automatically reverting to lower unpaid memberships.

And to confirm I've got the admin settings to Gain and to have present expire immediately.

19 May 2017

The issue reported above by neotekcorp should be resolved. Re-upload the modules/modzzz/point/classes folder

@neotekcorp - Non-Purchaseable Levels are those that can only be attained if Admin manually assigns them.

22 May 2017

@Modzzz: Much thanks. Just to clarify, is this resolution just for the purchased memberships not going thru or also for the quirky "downgrading" of levels and memberships if a member uses points for something that brings them below a previously attained level and then surpassing it again. 

I like that the levels fluctuate up and down with points as it encourages members to get back to higher levels -- also because you have the bonus points feature built into that. The only Level related issue is if we manually assign a level (i.e. sponsor, founder, bouncer) and it still downgrades from that to a point dependent level.

For memberships I think they shouldn't ever downgrade from a higher level. And not sure if this is a way to do that but when creating levels you assign a placement number in boonex default membership settings (under advanced settings). I'd think setting so that Auto Gain never triggers to change from a higher set placement to a lower set placement. Let me know as soon as possible and thanks for your continued development and solid support of your amazing modules.

22 May 2017

Okay I did some testing of this on your demo site. It seems the levels stay at highest achieved now which that was better going up and down depending on current points held. Again, only time this should be overridden is if the admin assigns an "unpurchasable" level like you have in your default setup.

One error as it currently works is your progress bar shows inaccurate data. I've attached screenshots showing as the points drop the progress bar shows the lower "current" and "next levels" even though the current level is entirely different.

I did notice you have it when someone has an unpurchaseable level there is no progress bar which is great. That works as expected and needed. If you revert the other ones to go up and down with the points amount then I think it works like you envisioned and intended.

By the way, you may want to top off your test members points/credits. I tapped most of it testing it. Cool

22 May 2017

Another quirk with your recent changes -- i was able to successfully purchase with points an upgraded membership. However, on that member not the badge (from your badge mod) shows the membership image and not the secondary icon as it should.

See attached SS. Member "myguy" is the test one we purchased via points. Note it has the actual membership image and not the icon as others do from your Badges Mod.

22 May 2017

Maybe it was a fluke. Or a mistake on my part. I tried it again and it seems to work fine. So I'll chalk that last issue up to user error and you can disregard. Embarassed

22 May 2017

@modzzz

@treedood - I will investigate your report.

This regards the point subtractions that weren't happening for post, photo, etc. deletions.  I've done some more investigating and determined that it only happens for me (the site admin).  The subtractions seem to be working as expected for regular site members.  I'm guessing this is by design? 

The issue reported above by neotekcorp should be resolved. Re-upload the modules/modzzz/point/classes folder

neotekcorp's issues were not a problem for my site but I applied the change above so I'd have the most recent version.  When I did, I lost the progress bar (see below).  I tried this twice and got the same result each time.

before.JPG · 20K · 533 views
after.JPG · 16K · 532 views
23 May 2017

Further updates are made. Re-upload the modules/modzzz/point/classes folder. To resolve any issue with incorrect Point Levels showing, run http://www.yoursite.com/m/point/process

23 May 2017

Further updates are made. Re-upload the modules/modzzz/point/classes folder. To resolve any issue with incorrect Point Levels showing, run http://www.yoursite.com/m/point/process

Fixes for the profile page...

but not for the account page.

profilepage.JPG · 20K · 523 views
accountpage.JPG · 16K · 527 views
25 May 2017

@modzzz

okay problems are still lingering.

LEVELS

1. I signed a new test account and it assigned that user a "non-purchasable" level that was set in our system as no points assigned (since it isn't one users can earn but we have to assign it). One easy fix is to award points for signing up (making sure to allow the default standard to earn points) which will trigger my first earnable level. But it's still odd it gave them a non-purchasable level
  2. As Treedood noted the display is incorrect for account page. And I'm also getting artifact display of present level if say user spends or donates points to go to lower range. Its still showing that other one even though they're in a new bracket. As discussed levels should go up and down based on the "purchasable" ones. Only ones that should override would be the non-purchasable ones.
  3. If the issue was zero points for a non-purchasable I guess I can assign a high value so new members don't trigger it.

MEMBERSHIP
  1. I still had a higher membership revert to a lower one when donating points. In this case someone donated points to a member that had zero points in account. The amount donated triggered a lower membership than the paid one he currently had.
  2. As discussed memberships should be working different than levels in that the "gained" ones once gained shouldn't drop even if points in account drops. And in case of higher "paid" memberships those shouldn't be overridden by a lower membership if points hit a "gain" threshold.

Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks.

26 May 2017

I just noticed you uploaded some updates dated yesterday (5.25.2017). I didn't implement that yet so I'll try that and see how things work.

Thanks.

26 May 2017

@Modzzz - I am still having issues with new alerts not triggering actual points. I'd posted some time ago examples of AQB Pages mod.

Here's the issue. I've verified the alerts are in the sys_alerts table

In the example (see screenshot) I am adding action to earn points for creating a new page.

Unit: aqb_pages

Action: add

I went to add a new action in your points mod. The drop down list showed the "pages" module and then I added the above info. Couple odd things. When I go to add additional actions "pages" is no longer in the drop down list. But the action I had created is there and I set it all up. However, when I created a page no points were earned.

Need to know what is missing and how to resolve this.

27 May 2017

@Modzzz - issues with the membership levels being automatically downgraded is still occurring. Need to know when the correction is going to be released.

To recap, I just had a member who had highest paid clearance but lower points just get "down graded" to a low membership when they earned enough points to hit that membership "gain" threshold. 

I assume the same issue still exists on the levels as well.

Regardless as discussed the operations should be...

Levels go up and down with points in account EXCEPT the "non-purchasable" ones assigned by admin

Memberships set with points and "gain" should go up but not drop down so the points trigger higher ones but lack thereof doesn't drop it. And memberships that don't have points assigned shouldn't be changed regardless as those would be ones member paid for or had assign by admin.

31 May 2017

@modzzz - I really need you to address and resolve the aforementioned issues posted several times with your points mod.

To recap there are three things that need to function properly...

1. Alerts triggering points properly. I've posted a few with specific examples where points aren't being triggered even though alerts exist and the boonex system is registering them properly
  2. Points Memberships. Higher level memberships are improperly reverting to lower memberships if user has fewer points and hits a lower threshold. Just had another top membership automatically downgrade because he'd donated points to another user. Then when he "hyped" a dare page it gave points that ended up downgrading him. Again this cannot occur for a good number of reasons. One being the admin nightmare of countless members contacting site reporting erroneous membership changes. Also, since many actions are tied to higher memberships this reverting causes members to be unable to use the content they should have access to.
  3. Points Levels: Not entirely sure all the quirks were worked out and I haven't been monitoring this but if you could review the previous posts and confirm or address the issues on this as well.

Much thanks.

3 Jun 2017

@neotekcorp - No further posts regarding these issues are needed. I am aware of them and I will look into resolving them. I am presently busy solving issues with other modules and will not have a chance to look back at this module until sometime next week.

3 Jun 2017

@modzzz - thanks for letting me know your on top of it. Just a consideration, these issues were first posted nearly a month ago so all I ask is you prioritize them as our site launch has been held in limbo until we have these resolved.

Thanks again.

3 Jun 2017

@neotekcorp - For item 2, please clarify which Levels you are referring to. Are you talking about the Points Levels or the Dolphin Membership Levels ?

3 Jun 2017

@modzzz - item two would be the boonex memberships

3 Jun 2017

@modzzz -- I haven't seen any issue update notifications here but noticed you have module update in August. Can you please thoroughly update all noted issued I posted here over past 4 months as well as any others and confirm/deny which have been alleviated.

As I said I've had my entire site in limbo and been forced to use an awkward mix of your point system with AQB Soft's point system as a temporary solution. I'd like possibly keep things streamlined if possible. 

Much thanks.

1 Sep 2017

I had quite a bit of catching up to do with this one.

Nice to see so much activity here.

Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
2 Sep 2017

@modzzz

Waiting on that answer -- I see you replying on plenty of other forums. This is resolution months in the waiting. Just need confirmation whats in latest update since you never posted confirmation of what it includes here.

3 Sep 2017

The next official patch release is scheduled for September 16th.

Waiting on that answer -- I see you replying on plenty of other forums. This is resolution months in the waiting. Just need confirmation whats in latest update since you never posted confirmation of what it includes here.

4 Sep 2017

The next official patch release is scheduled for September 16th.

Since this announcement is literally over three to four months delayed from when the problems were posted here and discussed please confirm ALL problematic areas will be addressed in this update. 

4 Sep 2017

Hope we are still on track for the update to correct outstanding issues for the 16th

14 Sep 2017

@modzzz

Okay need to know what's going on with this mod. We discussed important problems with the mod several months ago here in the forums and in direct messaging and you hadn't addressed them at all. When pressed you said the update would be posted 9/16. No discussion or explanation on what this mystery update would include and nothing now that the deadline is two days passed.

You are hands down one of two top Boonex developers but you are seriously dropping the ball on this and it needs to stop. I've had my site literally on complete hold for months for this work to be done.

Need to know what the hell is going on...

18 Sep 2017

Points Dolphin 7.3 - Version 2.2.0 released. (See patches/version_2.2.0 folder in zip file)

Updates made to the "Add an Action" functionality.

Auto Membership has been modified so that Points are deducted when membership changes.

For Auto Membership, membership no longer changes to a lower level when Points decrease.

A new feature has been added to the Profile Join/Edit Page so that members can turn on/off Auto Membership upgrade. By default this option is in the inactive section of the Profile Fields builder and the Admin has to active it for usage.

A new option has been added to the Admin Settings for the module so that Admin can disable the ability for members to turn on/off Auto Membership upgrade.

Points Evaporation feature has been modified so that it works based on the last activity date of member instead of days since last login.

20 Sep 2017

For those persons waiting on the "Points to Money" conversion feature, it is in the works but not completed. I had it planned for this patch but after assessing recent posts in this forum I decided to push that feature to the next patch release.

20 Sep 2017

Points Dolphin 7.3 - Version 2.2.0 released. (See patches/version_2.2.0 folder in zip file)

HOO-RAY!!!

I'll excitedly download and implement. Can you PLEASE do me a favor. Scan the various issues we discussed here in the forum over past 6 months and let me know if ANY of the issues are still there or haven't been resolved yet.

Much thanks. It's an amazing module (especially coupled with a number of others I have of yours) so my site really couldn't/can't be released without it.

20 Sep 2017

Your endless work on Dolphin modules is appreciated.

Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
20 Sep 2017

Thank you :)

Your endless work on Dolphin modules is appreciated 

20 Sep 2017
21 Sep 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.