Unable to create new Item in Fields builder

I am using version 6.1.6

When I try to create a new Item I get this message.

Sorry couldn't insert new item. Please check if NEW_ITEM already exists.

A previous post suggested

Recheck database,

check tables ProfileFields and Profiles,

delete in both (where exist) - NEW_ITEM

I did this,

it didn't work as nothing was found.

Thanks for any help.

Quote · 31 Dec 2009

also need to check your db-cache file.

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 31 Dec 2009

OK would that be my htdocs/cache/ ?? there is only an htaccess file and a user php which is the info for my test member

or am I just being confused by myself

Quote · 31 Dec 2009

OK would that be my htdocs/cache/ ?? there is only an htaccess file and a user php which is the info for my test member

or am I just being confused by myself

/inc/db-cached

two files to look at there

PageView.inc

MenuContent.inc

look in there for 'new item' and remove it.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 31 Dec 2009

Thanks tons for the help..

I have gone to

/inc/db-cached

and checked the

PageView.inc

MenuContent.inc

also checked the profilefields.inc

No new item anywhere.

Quote · 31 Dec 2009

Thanks tons for the help..

I have gone to

/inc/db-cached

and checked the

PageView.inc

MenuContent.inc

also checked the profilefields.inc

No new item anywhere.

and you have searched the database, and there was no instance of it there either? if not, i would backup the PageView and MenuContent and dump them and see if you get any joy that way.

also search the database once more, as there is a reason its kicking this message back at you.

Regards,

DosDawg

Quote · 31 Dec 2009

thanks, I will try that. and Pray.

I'll let you know.

Quote · 31 Dec 2009

Is this new item in the Navigation Menu Builder or the Fields Builder?  Just making sure which one it is.

If it's in Field Builders then you want to do the following:

Login to cPanel and go to phpMyAdmin

Select the appropriate Database for your site.  Please pay attention and make sure you get the right one.  If your not sure go into your site files via FTP Client and look at inc/header.inc.php for the database name to make sure you select the correct on.

Next, scroll down the left side until you find "ProfileFields" and click on it.

Next, look at the top menu and select "Browse"

Note the number of pages that you have and multiple 30 x number of pages.  For instance I have 3 pages so I multiplied 30 * 3 = 90

row(s) starting from record #

is how you want it to look.  You want to start with record #0 or 1. 

Now hit the "Show" button. 

Scroll down and look in the "Name" column for the words "New Item"

Click the red x and your problem will be resolved.

Keep in mind, you might have given it a new name but not completely filled it out so you might need to look at the other columns and see if most of them are blank.  If there is one that is mostly blank then that is your culprit.

If you can't find one, then go to MySQL Databases and "Repair" your DB. 

Final step would be to back-up and then delete inc/db_cached/pageview.php  Note:  menuview.php will have nothing to do with this problem if it's in Field Builders.

Quote · 31 Dec 2009

Is this new item in the Navigation Menu Builder or the Fields Builder?  Just making sure which one it is.

If it's in Field Builders then you want to do the following:

Login to cPanel and go to phpMyAdmin

Select the appropriate Database for your site.  Please pay attention and make sure you get the right one.  If your not sure go into your site files via FTP Client and look at inc/header.inc.php for the database name to make sure you select the correct on.

Next, scroll down the left side until you find "ProfileFields" and click on it.

Next, look at the top menu and select "Browse"

Note the number of pages that you have and multiple 30 x number of pages.  For instance I have 3 pages so I multiplied 30 * 3 = 90

row(s) starting from record #

is how you want it to look.  You want to start with record #0 or 1. 

Now hit the "Show" button. 

Scroll down and look in the "Name" column for the words "New Item"

Click the red x and your problem will be resolved.

Keep in mind, you might have given it a new name but not completely filled it out so you might need to look at the other columns and see if most of them are blank.  If there is one that is mostly blank then that is your culprit.

If you can't find one, then go to MySQL Databases and "Repair" your DB. 

Final step would be to back-up and then delete inc/db_cached/pageview.php  Note:  menuview.php will have nothing to do with this problem if it's in Field Builders.

Quote · 31 Dec 2009

Oh sorry, it is the fields builder.

So far I have done everything suggested except repair the MYSQL DB. I am still trying to figure out how to do that one.

Thanks again Everyone

Quote · 31 Dec 2009

Thanks for your help . I found it and got it fixed.

In MYSQL, I went to Query, Searched thru the field from the drop down menu and found it in Profiles.

Went to Profiles, Structure and dropped it.

Thanks again

and Happy New Year

Quote · 1 Jan 2010

This helped me in a BIG BIG way today - took some reading through but thanks to BIG DADDY I realised I was looking in the wrong place for the NEW_ITEM to delete it.

In your PHPMYADMIN once you have selected your correct database, it shows you a list down the left side of your screen - amongst that list is the word PROFILES - this is where you look for the NEW_ITEM - I had wrongly been looking in SYS_PROFILE_FIELDS.

Here is why I went wrong:

I had a previous install of Dolphin and I had wrongly tried to add the profile field ROLE - which is one of 3 titles you cannot use to create new profile fields - and my whole site died - I had dolphin reinstalled (as it is my first test site) and then proceeded to re-build my profile fields - but it would not allow me due to the NEW_ITEM problem. In my mind, becouse we had left the test users from the old site active in the new site the NEW_ITEM had carried itself over.

Any how, I may be wrong as to why i had my error - just remember to look in the right place for that pesky NEW_ITEM.

Thanks Guy

Quote · 1 Jun 2010

I use version 7.0.2 I left this message on intention to use "NEW_ITEM" in the constructor of fields: Sorry, can not insert new_item check that there.I controlled sys_profilefields in phpmyadmin and there is this entry, then I controlled / inc / db-cached / but it's empty! What should I do?

Quote · 10 Jul 2010

Hi, I am using Dolphin 7.0 which I installed about 2 weeks ago and I want to share with everyone how I fixed the issue of not being able to create a new item in fields builder. It took a little trial and error to figure out what was going wrong but somehow it just resolved itself after I took the following actions:

1) I went into the language settings and created a key called NEW_ITEM.

2) I manually went into my phpadmin and located the table sys_profile_fields. (This requires going into the Cpanel of your hosting service)

3) I manually inserted a record into this table and assigned NEW_ITEM to the name field and assigned the word text to the type field.

4) I refreshed the profile field builder page and noted that there were now 2 NEW_ITEM draggable blocks in the inactive item section. 1 of these blocks was greyed out (the default one) and the other was in dark green.

5) I dragged the dark green block to the active item section and renamed it to the desired name I wanted and changed the properties accordingly.

6) I then dragged the greyed out block to create yet another new active item (this is the crucial test) and voila! no javascript error message.

I hope this helps anyone else who might be tearing their hair out right looking for an answer to this issue.Laughing

Quote · 31 May 2012

Eldorado, thank you so much for sharing this solution. You're a star!

Quote · 19 Jul 2012

Thanks for your help Bigdaddy, I had the same problem, now fixed :)

Quote · 8 Dec 2012

Thanks BIG DADDY. I also had this issue and your solution helped me to resolve it.

Quote · 22 Feb 2013

I followed this and it allowed me to create the new item menu. However, now when a member tries to join, it gives a "database query error".. So a member cannot join my site.. How can I fix this?

Quote · 10 Jun 2015

I figured this out. I had to view the error report. There was an unrecognized fild, I deleted it in PHP Myadmin, and now it works.

Quote · 10 Jun 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.