Unapproved member can see Photo and Video home

Hi folks, although this my first post, I did play with Dolphin a lot a few years back. I have my site running fine, but have a couple of things I can't figure out.

I've set membership so that a member must confirm their email. Once done, the person appears as  "1 Approval" in the Overview section, but they also appear as a member in the Member's section below. This may be normal, but they can also log on, edit their profile and see thumbnails on the Videos and Photos home pages including the photos cover.  The actual videos and photos are blocked. All other pages are blocked as one would expect, but I need total privacy on all pages until the member has been approved by admin. Being able to see another member's thumbs isn't good especially if the prospective member isn't approved.

The settings for moderation are set as per the attachment. Can someone please tell me what else I need to do to make the site private until the member is accepted?

Thank you.

Non_members_see_pics.jpg · 27.8K · 205 views
Quote · 3 Feb 2017

Some actions are enabled for not active members, some are disabled. 

If you want to disable all actions for not active members I would suggest to apply small modification in inc/membership_levels.inc.php file:

if ($isCheckMemberStatus) {

change to:

if (1) { // $isCheckMemberStatus) {

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 4 Feb 2017

Thanks for your quick reply Alex, Im away from my computer for a few days but I'll get back to you as soon as I get home.

Quote · 5 Feb 2017

@AlexT, I made the alteration but it didn't change anything. A prospective member can sign up and see everything on Photos and Videos Home including the Photos Cover and thumbs before being approved. Other areas seem to work okay.

I fail to see the logic in allowing some areas being open to the public before they're accepted as members, especially photos and videos.

Tested on FF and Chrome. All caches cleared.

privacy.jpg · 24.2K · 218 views
Quote · 8 Feb 2017

I've fixed this problem and the site is now working perfectly.

I wish to thank AntonLV for supplying this FREE routine that fixes everything:

https://www.boonex.com/m/Mandatory_Confirmation

What happens now:

• The person signs up and is advised an email has been sent.
  • They can only see the original home page for prospective members.
  • If they try to log in, they're told their password is invalid. (Previously, they could log in and see their Profile, Photos and Videos home pages with thumbnails.)
  • The person is listed as an unconfirmed member in the admin panel.
  • When the person confirms their email address, the receive a "Please Wait" email. 
  • Admin is shown that the person has confirmed their email and can approve the profile.
  • The person receives an email stating that their profile has been accepted.
  • They can now log on and see stuff for the FIRST TIME!

These easy changes to four(4) core files take about five minutes and they vastly improve the security of the site All I can say is "Thanks Anton!"

Quote · 10 Feb 2017

This should be added to the Boonex Dolphin distribution.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 10 Feb 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.