Upgrade to 7.0.4 icons at bottom do not appear

Hi All,

I upgraded to 7.0.4 from 7.0.3 and everything appeared to be fine, no error messages.

However the bar that appears at the bottom of each screen has disappeared i.e. the bar with icons dashboard,profile,settings etc

No one else appears to have this problem

Thanks in advance for any help

Quote · 27 Nov 2010

Hi All,

I upgraded to 7.0.4 from 7.0.3 and everything appeared to be fine, no error messages.

However the bar that appears at the bottom of each screen has disappeared i.e. the bar with icons dashboard,profile,settings etc

No one else appears to have this problem

Thanks in advance for any help

Have you checked in your admin to make sure it's turned on?  Sometimes after upgrading things go crazy with settings.  I'd check to make sure you have it enabled in your Admin :-)

newbreed
Quote · 27 Nov 2010

Make sure you cleared your cache. I also had to uninstall and reinstall my mods one one of my upgrades. Also, dump the cache in your browser

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 27 Nov 2010

Same issue here! Using ver 7.3.5 and suddenly icons down right dissapeared. The only way to see Dashboard is to login as Admin and type url in browser's address bar.

Has anyone found out what the problem is?

More info on that...

When I put the pointer where the icons used to be, I see the message (ballon) of each icon but not the icon itself. They are gone! (or maybe they became white :-) )

Also, when I click on an icon, it seems to be working, except the "Go to admin panel"...it does nothing!

Quote · 19 Jan 2019

Have you changed the template or ANY colours in CSS?

Quote · 20 Jan 2019

No, I haven't. No template and no colour. I checked with an older backup copy and it works. 

Also, I noticed that when I go to Settings>>>Advanced Settings I cannot open the tabs (no arrow on the right).

Ok, there is more... I can't log out from "Administration"...no icons on the top right! It looks like all arrows and icons (controls) disappeared from Adminisration

Great! 

If I can find out which file(s) causing it, I will overwrite it with a backup.. but which one?!

Quote · 20 Jan 2019

Just discovered what was wrong concerning the 1st issue!

Administration>>>Settings>>>Templates>>>Settings>>>Enable Member Menu and the icons at the bottom right appeared!

But the icons upper right in the Administration and the arrows of the Advanced Settings still do not work... 

(Not sure if this related, but I am using EVO template and the "Login" icon on the banner disappeared too. But I think this probably has to do with HTML code that I deleted by mistake. By the way in case someone has it handy, it would help... Or maybe if you know where it is saved, this also helps, so I can find it in my backup)

Quote · 20 Jan 2019

I assume you meant the Splash HTML

-------------------------

<div class="bx-splash bx-def-round-corners" style="background-image: url('templates/base/images/bx_splash_image.jpg');">

<div class="bx-splash-txt">

<div class="bx-splash-txt-cnt">

<div class="bx-splash-txt-l1 bx-def-padding-sec-leftright">

<h1 class="bx-cd-headline zoom"><span class="bx-cd-words-wrapper"><strong class="bx-cd-word is-visible">Be The Gift You Bring!</strong><strong class="bx-cd-word">Be The Gift You Bring!</strong><strong class="bx-cd-word">Be The Gift You Bring!</strong></span></h1>

</div>

<div class="bx-splash-actions bx-hide-when-logged-in"><button class="bx-btn bx-btn-primary bx-btn-sa-join">Join</button><button class="bx-btn bx-def-margin-left bx-btn-sa-login">Login</button></div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

-----------------

As far as I'm aware, you can replace all the code in the Administration directory without hurting anything.

Ditto most of the core. Don't replace the Install directory in Dolphin's root and DON'T REPLACE header.inc.php in the Inc Directory. The last file contains information about how to access the site and the database.

You can also replace the template directories if you haven't made any changes.

It sounds like you've removed something from a CSS file

Always make a backup first. It could spell disaster if you don't!

Quote · 21 Jan 2019

Hello galanopd!

May you please specify what code did you remove? Also, you may try to check the template switcher - do you have this trouble in other 2 default templates?

Quote · 21 Jan 2019

I assume you meant the Splash HTML

-------------------------

<div class="bx-splash bx-def-round-corners" style="background-image: url('templates/base/images/bx_splash_image.jpg');">

<div class="bx-splash-txt">

<div class="bx-splash-txt-cnt">

<div class="bx-splash-txt-l1 bx-def-padding-sec-leftright">

<h1 class="bx-cd-headline zoom"><span class="bx-cd-words-wrapper"><strong class="bx-cd-word is-visible">Be The Gift You Bring!</strong><strong class="bx-cd-word">Be The Gift You Bring!</strong><strong class="bx-cd-word">Be The Gift You Bring!</strong></span></h1>

</div>

<div class="bx-splash-actions bx-hide-when-logged-in"><button class="bx-btn bx-btn-primary bx-btn-sa-join">Join</button><button class="bx-btn bx-def-margin-left bx-btn-sa-login">Login</button></div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

-----------------

As far as I'm aware, you can replace all the code in the Administration directory without hurting anything.

Ditto most of the core. Don't replace the Install directory in Dolphin's root and DON'T REPLACE header.inc.php in the Inc Directory. The last file contains information about how to access the site and the database.

You can also replace the template directories if you haven't made any changes.

It sounds like you've removed something from a CSS file

Always make a backup first. It could spell disaster if you don't!

- Yes I meant the splash HTML... I was tired last night, almost 2 a.m. :-)

--Thank you for the code you saved me from searching all over the place, I owe you!

--- I have replaced the whole administration directory with a working backup copy but no change, so I put back the original. I have also replaced the templates directory with a working backup copy but didn't work either! Again put back the original. Must be something else... I will start digging more ... what can I say....

Thanks Johnk42

Quote · 21 Jan 2019

Hello galanopd!

May you please specify what code did you remove? Also, you may try to check the template switcher - do you have this trouble in other 2 default templates?

Thank you LeonidS,

It was the code Johnk42 sent me. So this is solved, but the Administration issue remains....

I know it is like a drop in the ocean but when I right-click and then "Investigate Element" on an -invisible- icon (upper right) in the administrator panel, I see things like "<i class="sys-icon question-circle"></i>", so I was thinking that if I could find where the "sys-icons" are defined maybe could help in solving the issue... what a nightmare!

Quote · 21 Jan 2019

Hi Galanapold!

Both classes were described in templates/base/css/icons.css file. You may change them in the templates/tmpl_your template name]/css/icons.css

Quote · 22 Jan 2019

Problem solved!

After all it WAS the css as Johnk42 mentioned and Leonid S showed me exactly what to do!

When I checked files icons.css and form.extra.css had zero size!

I uploaded an older backup and voila! It worked!

Cause = During an upload to the server I had a power failure. Something went wrong there...

Thank you guys, your help was precious!

Galanopd

Quote · 22 Jan 2019

Same issue here

Quote · 25 Jan 2019

Hello kirthardy!

Did you try something form the solutions above? If yes, with what results?

Quote · 25 Jan 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.