Upgrading from 7.0.6 to 7.1

Hi all,

I'm planning an upgrade of my site from the current 7.0.6 to the bleeding edge 7.1. How I'm doing so far?

• Installed dev environment
  • created theme
  • installed modules (still working!!)
  • changing settings
  • changing menu
  • inserting pages, menu items
  • adjusting profile fields (to same as previous)

When I'm done with everything I'd like to import the users and user data (images, forum posts, ...) Is it possible to simply import the tables, or have there been changes? Which tables will be needed to import?

Or do I need to start over and risking corruption by upgrading from 7.0.6 to 7.0.7 to 7.0.8 to 7.0.9 to 7.1? Knowing me ... that'll take half a year of debugging ...

I have seen that the spy and wall data will be lost in an upgrade from 7.0.x. I'd like to express my sorrow about this. Imagine if facebook suddenly says they'll be deleting all wall, timeline and activity data.

A solution to this would be great.

If there's any interest, I'll update this topic with future steps I'm taking and successes or failures.

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

I would suggest to do step by step upgrade upgrade 7.0.6 - 7.0.7 - 7.0.8 - 7.0.9 - 7.1.0.B1

Regarding 3rd-party modules:

- uninstall them before upgrade, their data will be lost, or uninstall non-compatible with 7.1.0 modules at least

- keep the compatible modules, but after Dolphin upgrade is completed, upgrade the mods (ask modules authors how to upgrade their mods), and reapply changes required by these mods, if there are ones.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 21 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.