Video Processing

How many videos are created when uploading a video. Sometimes I get just the m4v and sometimes i get both the m4v and the webm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

caredesign.net
Quote · 4 Sep 2018

does the webm really matter?

caredesign.net
Quote · 4 Sep 2018

Good question, from the Wiki:

WebM is an audiovisual media file format.[3] It is primarily intended to offer a royalty-free alternative to use in the HTML5 video and the HTML5 audio elements. It has a sister project WebP for images. The development of the format is sponsored by Google, and the corresponding software is distributed under a BSD license.

The WebM container is based on a profile of Matroska.[2][4][5] WebM initially supported VP8 video and Vorbis audio streams. In 2013, it was updated to accommodate VP9 video and Opus audio.[6]

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Sep 2018

@GeekGilr -= so, does that mean i dont need to worry about not having the webm versions?

caredesign.net
Quote · 5 Sep 2018

@GeekGilr -= so, does that mean i dont need to worry about not having the webm versions?

I wouldn't worry about webm.  The idea is to have a format where you don't pay any fees for the format.  Webm video will play in the HTML5 video tag so if you are recording video you can record in Webm and it is royalty free.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Sep 2018

ok, cause all of the videos are ones that the user has created themselves - so no issues with royalties or anything like that.

caredesign.net
Quote · 5 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.