Video Quality Mod (FLV)

This "mod" will create a file that is smaller than the original uploaded file while retaining nearly all its quality.

File: header_inc.php

CHANGE: LINE 17 "play" => $GLOBALS['sFfmpegPath'] . " -y -i #input# -r #fps# -s #size# -sameq #video_filters# #audio_options# #output#",

TO: LINE 17 "play" => $GLOBALS['sFfmpegPath'] . " -y -i #input# -r #fps# -s #size# -qmin 3 -qmax 6 #video_filters# #audio_options# #output#",

Additionally you can make the same change to LINE 19 for MOBILE (MP4) creation.

Leave h.264 UNCHECKED in Flash Module Settings to continue using FLV/Flash files like 7.0.0

Original 7.0.0 Video Mod Patch information and test results http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/topic/Flash-Video-Quality-Mod-.htm

What is happening: ffmpeg.exe converts your uploaded video file to a Flash FLV and a Mobile MP4 file for playback. Setting -qmin 1 -qmax 1 = -sameq which will be as "lossless" as the conversion can be. Ideally we want to create an output file that looks as good as the original but at a fraction of the original size to reduce our bandwidth and hard-drive costs. My testing has found that setting -qmin 3 -qmax 6 will do just that.

Enjoy!

Sydeburnz

Quote · 30 Aug 2010

Where  I can find this in version 7.3

I try to lok this in version 7.3 but the code is not there

this is wat I have

"play" => $GLOBALS['sFfmpegPath'] . " -y -i #input# -r 25 -b #bitrate#kb -sameq -s #size# #audio_options# #output#",

Thank's

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
Quote · 22 Nov 2010

Change the -sameq to -qmin 3 -qmax 6 as outlined in the post.

So this;

"play" => $GLOBALS['sFfmpegPath'] . " -y -i #input# -r 25 -b #bitrate#kb -sameq -s #size# #audio_options# #output#",

to this;

"play" => $GLOBALS['sFfmpegPath'] . " -y -i #input# -r 25 -b #bitrate#kb -qmin 3 -qmax 6 -s #size# #audio_options# #output#",

Syde

Quote · 22 Nov 2010

Thank's a lot man

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
Quote · 22 Nov 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.