WMA Music / Sound File not able to Process or Play

I have tried several times uploading wma music files but its not playing goes into not processed section and when i try to play says "File Error", Mp3 is working fine and i have no issues with mp3 though i notice mp3 file size is larger then wma file type.

If any one can guide how to make wma music file type working would appreciate.

WMA File extension  not working , where as MP 3 works smoothly.

Quote · 13 Jan 2011

Please if any one just answer me HOW CAN I MAKE WMA FILE WORKABLE. I have tried and so far no luck any one had an experience with same problem of processing wma sound files ?????

i am only able to process mp3 sound files, HELP needed

Quote · 17 Jan 2011

Obviously you added the WMA format to the sound setting in the admin panel modules section.

I too have WMA access to upload music, the problem..some of my music is encrypted, "like I tunes music, MP4" its locked except for the owner.

"The stream is encrypted and decryption is not supported." is what should happen.

Is it possible your WMA files are encrypted?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 17 Jan 2011

of course i did that from admin panel sound setting it was plain adding up wma option in it and save it. No my WMA files are not encrypted ones i can give you access to the account and you can test yourself this is making me nuts as most of the database of music files i have over 7000 are all wma files and to convert them into mp3 is one tedious job and also i have noticed the file size increases 3X when i convert from wma to mp3.

Regards

~ Rehan

Quote · 17 Jan 2011

when i add sounds i have selected a wma sound file,i click continue

it keeps adding up then following message came

"You have 1 Not processed sound(s) in this folder. "

screen1.jpg · 84.3K · 490 views
screen2.jpg · 79.7K · 526 views
screen3.jpg · 98.4K · 428 views
Quote · 17 Jan 2011

please check the screen shots i have attached

Quote · 17 Jan 2011

when i add sounds i have selected a wma sound file,i click continue

it keeps adding up then following message came

"You have 1 Not processed sound(s) in this folder. "

possible corrupt sound file when uploaded,

I have no problem uploading WMA formats, you do have to wait on the cron to run, then ffmpeg has to encode the file...

Quote · 20 Jan 2011

I have tested it few times and left it like that so cron will run, i might will try again today but i have a feeling this is something to do with DMA encryption you have talked about earlier.

Now i will test two points to sort this thing out:

1- Upload WMA file which is not DMA / Encrypted and see how this works.

2- Try to upload again the files i have and wait for a certain period and see if above test 1 works fine it means my issue is something to with all the music files i have in that case only solution is to convert them into mp3 and run without any issue.

BTW did you ever get a chance to figure out a way how each music file can be associated with a thumbnail if not a music file at least an ALBUM.

You can view my website, i hope to make it niche for my community and great portal currently have a team to fill in the database of it.

http://www.loveforpakistan.com/

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Loveforpakistan/137186526342738

Best Regards

~ Rehan

Quote · 20 Jan 2011

OK,

I did the same test..

Uploaded two WMA files. One encrypted and one open.

They both processed but the encrypted file is full of "noise" the normal WMA file processed and plays great.

Quote · 20 Jan 2011

you have some other template issues...

see picture, the top menu is not usable on firefox..

also after landing on the avatar page, there is no "Add Avatar" button..to continue after cropping photo

Screenshot-149.png · 48.5K · 433 views
Quote · 20 Jan 2011

oh on which version of firefox ...

i did notice few mess ups in template thought i have fixed most of them ... alright i need to go over each and test them.

Thanks alot for your feedback. I will test everything now on cross browser to make sure once i start market this out wont have any glitches i do still seek thumbnails for music as its way dull to show music files like this..

Regards
Rehan

Quote · 20 Jan 2011

ok i guess i will rest the issue with WMA this has everything to do with encryption so let me just convert them to mp3.

now somehow i need to digg or find a mod where i can upload thumbnail associated with each music file.

Quote · 20 Jan 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.