What is the difference between UNA and Dolphin

I noticed it seems more feature rich and its made by you guys. Should i wait for the two to come together with Dolphin if I am reading right or should i change over to UNA. I pay for my dolphin license so not sure how all this works.

Quote · 1 Feb 2017

I dont think anyone is going to answer this. Undecided

Quote · 3 Feb 2017

You're right there.

Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MichelMeta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 4 Feb 2017

UNA is next generation Dolphin platform

- UNA created to be mobile friendly from the beginning, while Dolphin is adapted to mobile screens

- UNA has no many modules, but they are more uniq 

- UNA is free and some modules are paid, while Dolphin requires license for all modules

- UNA is designed to allow to create multiple profiles by one account

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 4 Feb 2017

I have a permanent license for Dolphin and use it currently. However, if I decided to migrate to Una to rebuild my site, can my licensing carry over Andrew?

Jeremy
Quote · 16 Apr 2017

Yes, it will be possible to exchange Dolphin license to all UNA paid modules made by UNA.IO

Quote · 17 Apr 2017

Any time frame on this? I have been following some of the topics on una.io forum and waiting for some announcements regarding this but haven't seen anything as of yet.

Yes, it will be possible to exchange Dolphin license to all UNA paid modules made by UNA.IO

Jeremy
Quote · 27 Apr 2017

No idea on timeframe but I would think some savvy programmers from the dolphin mod gang should be brushing up on every aspect of converting existing dolphin platforms seamlessly and quickly to UNA if that's truly the direction the platform is going.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Quote · 27 Apr 2017

UNA is shaping up to be a great potential upgrade for Dolphin, but it many ways it's not quite there yet. Dolphin still offers a lot more features and extensions. 

We want transition to be seamless, which is why Dolphin will continue to be developed, gradually incorporating the best proven UNA features/ideas. 

Access to premium UNA apps will cost $50/month or anywhere from $5 to $10 a month per app if bought separately.  Dolphin license holders will have an option to convert the license into a permanent access to premium apps. 

Right now UNA is still in beta, so premium apps are free anyway. Once we start charging, there will be a way to apply dolphin license as a full discount coupon or something like that. 

Another important point is that UNA is MIT-licensed and all our apps are MIT. It means that when you download them, you are free to use them as you wish forever. The money we charge is for access to automated updates and direct support. This model insures that you are not locked in to pay forever if you decide to take over development and disconnect from UNA updates, or if you end up heavily modifying the apps. 

In general, my advice is, if only starting and existing una apps cover your immediate needs - go with UNA. If you need Dolphin extensions or native apps and don't mind doing your homework when buying Market extensions, Dolphin might suit better. There will be a migration  path in the future, too.

The main unique aspects of UNA would be support of multiple profiles per account and ui designed as a mobile-friendly web-app from the very beginning. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 28 Apr 2017

Thanks for the information Andrew. I am working on attempting to build a site to work with Una to see if I want to continue with Una or stick to my Dolphin platform. Looks a lot like Trident was just a little different look.

Jeremy
Quote · 29 Apr 2017

Thanks for the information Andrew. I am working on attempting to build a site to work with Una to see if I want to continue with Una or stick to my Dolphin platform. Looks a lot like Trident was just a little different look.

Yes, UNA is Trident. We renamed it for a number of reasons. It has come a long way as UNA already. New apps, a few service updates, integrations and already some great apps in UNA market. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 30 Apr 2017

I've installed it but so far not so good. Installed easy and have created a profile for myself but after logging in and going to my homepage, if I click the Person icon Top Right, it brings back to a login page. Seems like its not storing the session info. Also, there is no way to create a status update or post anything.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Jeremy
Quote · 4 May 2017

I've installed it but so far not so good. Installed easy and have created a profile for myself but after logging in and going to my homepage, if I click the Person icon Top Right, it brings back to a login page. Seems like its not storing the session info.

Could you provide sample login to check this problem on your site ? 

Also, there is no way to create a status update or post anything.

I suspect that you haven't installed any modules.

Download modules first from:

Studio > Apps > Storefront

Then install downloaded modules from:

Studio > Apps > Downloaded

Also please post UNA related question in UNA forum:

https://una.io/page/discussions-home

Quote · 6 May 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.