What was this site developed with?

I was just reviewing some startup sites, and this one was mentioned http://www.startupagents.com/ 

Can anyone tell what it was developed with?   There is no appropriate forum here for questions like this, but I posted it on 7.1 because the templates are so horrible - I had to go back to 7.0.9 because of that and other issues.  I like the clean look on this one, so if anyone is developing templates this might be a good one to emulate - I like the clean look.  

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

I don't think it's Dolphin.  It has none of the default files or directories.  Are you sure you don't mean StartupNation? That site uses Dolphin 6.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Nov 2012

RE:

I was just reviewing some startup sites, and this one was mentioned http://www.startupagents.com/ 

Can anyone tell what it was developed with?   There is no appropriate forum here for questions like this, but I posted it on 7.1 because the templates are so horrible - I had to go back to 7.0.9 because of that and other issues.  I like the clean look on this one, so if anyone is developing templates this might be a good one to emulate - I like the clean look.  

The blog section is Wordpress.  Not sure what cms they have it hooked into.... it's not Buddypress

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 15 Nov 2012

I didn't know startupnation was developed with Dolphin.  Why has that never come up when people ask about successful sites built with Dolphin.  That site is at least moderately successful, though it has lots of room for improvement.  Do you know what version? 

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

I didn't know startupnation was developed with Dolphin.  Why has that never come up when people ask about successful sites built with Dolphin.  That site is at least moderately successful, though it has lots of room for improvement.  Do you know what version? 

I mention it every now and then.  It uses at most 6.1.4.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Nov 2012

I don't think it's Dolphin.  It has none of the default files or directories.  Are you sure you don't mean StartupNation? That site uses Dolphin 6.

How can u tell if it has the default files or directories from outside of the site (or whatever method you found out)?

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 16 Nov 2012

How can u tell if it has the default files or directories from outside of the site (or whatever method you found out)?

By typing it in the address bar. If you type in www.somesite.com/browse.php and it pulls up a page of members then it's probably a Dolphin site. Or if all the modules show up as /m/.

Quote · 16 Nov 2012

Interesting about StartupNation - they have about 10,000 members I think - pretty good, but not great for how long they have been around and the site never seems to improve.  I think what happens is that sites get "stuck" on a certain version if you do too many mods and they never get upgraded.   The alternative is worse though - constantly waiting for the "next big thing" version and never having a successful implementation.  Any other big business sites out there using Dolphin?

While I am asking about the development of system anyone know what this one was developed with.  http://www.mosaichub.com/   I know I have seen that design all over the place.  Is that a commercial version of Ning? 

Quote · 16 Nov 2012

By typing it in the address bar. If you type in www.somesite.com/browse.php and it pulls up a page of members then it's probably a Dolphin site. Or if all the modules show up as /m/.

So only people who are familiar with dolphin are the only ones who would know that models would start with /m/..... and/or browse.php pulls members?

Thanks for the response btw.  Also, is there any way to change the /m/ folder to something else and would that be easy?  If not, then is there some other way to preventing those who are NOT familiar with dolphin already from finding out that it is a dolphin site?

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 17 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.