Why Keyboard Types Double Chars In KVM VPS

Sorry for this one but I have posted it all over the internet with very little response and much wasted time trying to fix the issue so thought I would try here.

When I connect to my VPS using KVM the keyboard types double characters. ie "ee" instead of just "e".

This makes it impossible to reboot the system as I have added a username and password to the bootloader.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the HID Keyboard Divice in divice manager as well as all the other basic "change repeat keystrokes speed" etc but nothing seems to solve it.

I had another machine which enabled me to loginto the server but for some inexplicable reason sinse yesterday (no updates to windows 10) that machine has started doing the same thing so am unable to restart a vps.

Any guidance to help solve this appreciated. Its a windows 10 desktop I am using to connect to a vps I have from my host. The KVM and VNC console bothe have the issue.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated and appologies for posting here.

Enhance Your Onlne Experience. 4eLife.com
Quote · 7 Oct 2017

First, have you tried a non Windoze 10 machine?  Secondly, contact the VPS hosts and open a support ticket.

By the way, how do you like Microsoft copying all your data with Windoze 10?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Oct 2017

I wasn't aware they were?

No I haven't got a non windows 10 system. I have removed the passwords for now but really want to solve the issue.

I will try another machine somehow.

Do you mean copying all my data through OneDrive?

Quote · 7 Oct 2017

While many downplayed all the data that MicroCrap, er, MicroSoft collected and sent to their servers many others felt that it was a security and privacy nightmare.  Personally, if I ran servers I think I would ban all Windows 10 machines from connecting.  There is even the clause where if MicroCrap finds illegal software they can connect the authorities.  No one reads EULs and that is a binding contract between you and Microsoft.  I do have a laptop with Windows 8.1; which is only halfway usable after you remove the Charm menus and clean up some things.  No way would I sign the EUL by actually installing and using Windows 10.  Just do some interweb searches to see what Windows 10 does.  Of course there are ways to block some of the things but that is also why MicroCrap wanted to prevent users from turning off autoupdates; so they can change your computer at time they want.  They even hide what they are putting on your machine now by hiding everything in one update package.

Quote · 7 Oct 2017

Thanks GG, I will look deeper into it. I keep all my personal documents on external drives and so the OS is really on a C drive of it's own and I have auto "updates off" as once its working its working and I am not to bothered about new features etc... plus I never use unlicensed software, I buy it. But I get your drift and will look into it but saying all of that haven't ms always forced you to sign an agreement with every OS? Arent google always asking for you to AGREE to something everytime you clean your browser cache and arent we forced to have some cookie warning crap on our personal sites. 

Authorities have always waged silent war on the people they are supposed to protect but will turn on you should you step out of line. Same with microsoft and the other license agreement lot. People have no choice yet they keep voting? But thats another story. Il look into it anyways,

thanks GG. Much appreciated. All the best.

Quote · 7 Oct 2017

What you say is true which is why I have moved away from big corporations such as Google and Microsoft.  Switching to Linux for my OS for one; if someone tried to sneak code into Linux where it uploads your data to a server then the community would see it and the contributor would be banned.  Google is no longer used for a search engine; their censorship was enough for me to say no to them.

Quote · 8 Oct 2017

Sounds like you made some tough decisions most aren't willing to at present. After all they believe "Google Is Your Friend" stuff and similar sound good quotes.

Quote · 10 Oct 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.