Wrong License

Successfully generating license, however they do not work.  My Dolphin license was automatically added to my site even, but no luck with Ray.  I did install the Ad-free version and am trying to use the Free license, but from what I've read, that shouldn't matter.  I planned on testing the software (video) before purchasing incase I was unable to get it to work as desired (such as right now).

Thanks for any help :-)

Quote · 19 May 2008

The free licenses won't work in ad free. I just had to remove the free versions and reinstall the ad free to get it to work with my ad free licenses. If you just copy over it won't work either, you have to delete the entire ray folder and upload the new one. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST!!!!!! After I did this I ran the script and it took my licenses and worked.

Quote · 21 May 2008

thinklucky,

you are absolutely correct. that is actually posted like nine million times on this site and the install instructions. you cannot run the ad-free version with the free licenses. in order to run ad-free, you must pay for ad-removal, in which case, that is two separate downloads altogether.

the problem here is that everybody wants something for "FREE". and while looking to get something for "FREE" they fail to read the instructions.

BIG FAT DUH

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 21 May 2008

you must chance directory rights from /inc and /inc/js/ to 777 and you can set the licencekey in Dolphin and in Ray.

ISAcologne - https://isacologne.de
Quote · 28 May 2008

The free licenses won't work in ad free. I just had to remove the free versions and reinstall the ad free to get it to work with my ad free licenses. If you just copy over it won't work either, you have to delete the entire ray folder and upload the new one. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST!!!!!! After I did this I ran the script and it took my licenses and worked.

Alright - I qualify as one of the "big fat duh's" by not reading all the instructions (but over the past 2 years, in fairness, they have changed "licensing" like 200000 times LOL) -

But onto the fix.... so we downloaded ad versions of Dolphin - but ad free (without ads) of Ray? Not 100% sure how I did this... as they are one package, no? - Anyway - when you REMOVED Ray and did a new install- are you saying you had to build ALL of Dolphin from scratch? or were you able to just change versions of Ray alone?

Thanks -

Quote · 30 May 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.