Yet another Chat Won't connect

Blah blah blah, latest ray release, using free app on my own (up to date) RMS server, and all tests show that the connection is fine. However once i get through the install of the chat app and update customFunc the chat just hangs there while loading. It seems almost as though flash is not finding the app it is looking for or unable to load it. (watching net traffic it seems flash is calling an empty URI for skinsxml directory as well)

Anyone figure out WHY this happens yet? Not expecting boonex to answer, but if someone communit y based has a resolutionI'd love to hear it.

Boonex, love the concept of what you are doing, but the execution always leaves me with several weeks worth of work trying to clean up after your 'improvements'. More QA I say

Quote · 21 Jun 2008

Has anyone figured this out yet? If not, please help us fix this a.s.a.p 'cos most of our sites depend on the chat to keep members coming. Thanks.

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Boonex RMS server is usually busy and wont let most people connect ....I was having the same issue and I changed my RMS server to CyberXing Rms and it always connects right away now ...try this link http://www.cyberxing.com/

they have Rms for as low as 11.88 per year and i have never had a problem with chat , avchat not working once I changed to there Rms .

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

This was fixed, thanks to Rayz. You have to remove moder.swf from /ray/modules/chat/plugins/ folder on your server. I think the file has a bug in it. Hopefully a fixed file will be available soon. Thanks Rayz for the help.

Quote · 2 Jul 2008

This was fixed, thanks to Rayz. You have to remove moder.swf from /ray/modules/chat/plugins/ folder on your server. I think the file has a bug in it. Hopefully a fixed file will be available soon. Thanks Rayz for the help.

is that a mistyped word "moder.swf" just asking cuz it looks funny to me:

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

i am having the same issues almost.

i had a 6.1 test site working, then did the upgrade tonight and the chat stopped working, it just loads and hangs on "connecting"

so i bought a new domain and installed a fresh 6.1.2 install and thats the same. now i have looked at some files, and i have noticed in ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php

include("/home/sammie/public_html/inc/header.inc.php");
/**
* Current version information.
*/
if(!defined("VERSION")) define("VERSION", "3.1.0000");

^^^^^^is ray not now 3.5(.0000) ?

i thought the same thing one day when i was digging around in the files, i think having problems with connecting to rms. never did find out what cuased the problem, the site was new enough that it wasnt a killer to just do a new install.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

moder.swf does not exist on my server....ANYWHERE.

My chat is not connecting.  I have quadruple checked the Ray settings at rms.boonex.com 10000 and 10080 ports.  After saving, the settings for base, the Admin replies "Cannot Connect to rms".

I am wondering if my server firewall settings would interrupt this connection.  It is set with pretty restrictive configuration.

Arthur Rosenfield

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

My chat is not connecting.  I have quadruple checked the Ray settings at rms.boonex.com 10000 and 10080 ports.  After saving, the settings for base, the Admin replies "Cannot Connect to rms".

I am wondering if my server firewall settings would interrupt this connection.  It is set with pretty restrictive configuration.

Arthur Rosenfield

arthur,

i think its the fact that you are trying to connect to rms.boonex.com. if you want i can setup a test account on my stand alone rms and send you the connection information, and i can almost promise a connection. i have seen this same thing hundreds of times here and over on expertzzz.com let me know

later,

DosDawg

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Arthur Rosenfield

arthur,

i think its the fact that you are trying to connect to rms.boonex.com. if you want i can setup a test account on my stand alone rms and send you the connection information, and i can almost promise a connection. i have seen this same thing hundreds of times here and over on expertzzz.com let me know

later,

DosDawg

I am having the same issue with chat. It just wont connect - DosDawg can i buy hosting form you as a fix?

Thanks,

Paul

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Arthur Rosenfield

arthur,

later,

DosDawg

I am having the same issue with chat. It just wont connect - DosDawg can i buy hosting form you as a fix?

Thanks,

Paul

i would prefer we test my theory. you are wanting rms hosting? send me a pm and i will respond with what i need.

later,
DosDawg

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

DosDawg, that is a kind offer.   I would like to test it.  Please set up the test account and let me know.  This will determine whether it is my firewall, or rms.boonex.com.

Let me know what you want me to do.

Arthur

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

DosDawg....as you may have seen in the other post, I have now connected to rms.boonex.com.   Killerhaai was correct. Need to uncheck the USE RMS in the Base Setting of the Ray Suite on the Admin Panel.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.  I appreciated the offer to test your rms server.

Arthur Rosenfield

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.