Zarconia - My Story

Some may remember the day when the 'panic mode' button was hit for BoonEx members when we heard that DosDawg had abandoned his hosting company and his customers without any notice, causing many to lose everything they had. 

Nathan reached out to BoonEx community here and offered to help as many people as he could to do backups, transfers, and whatever else they needed. One of those that he helped save was me. I reached out to Nathan directly and asked him if he would be interested in partnering with me to create a hosting company specifically for BoonEx. To give these people who were impacted by this event, an alternative in order to keep their websites up and running. Something that would give these members the best experience like never before, at a price you couldn't beat!

I had (and still do) a full-time job that I was absolutely devoted to but, still wanted to help out to the best I could. After discussions with Nathan, we agreed that my main focus would be more of the financial backing, merchant services, marketing, and support of the products/services offered. Nathan was to be the main technical guru of the company. And so, our journey began... Zarconia was born!

Throughout our journey, we grew to potentials we never expected. It was awesome! With the extremely positive feedback from our customers, communications between Andrew Boon and Zarconia began to become a preferred hosting provider. After successfully meeting the criteria required from BoonEx, Zarconia became not only a preferred hosting company but, eventually became THE hosting company for BoonEx plans. 

With my limited involvement with Zarconia, it was Nathan who kept the company going by providing the support and setup for all hosting accounts. Not only is he the absolutely BEST server tech I know, this guy gave 110% of himself 24/7 - 365 days a year. He was a beast! I am not sure he slept or even ate. I was completely amazed and extremely proud for the dedication and support he gave to Zarconia. Picking him to be my partner for Zarconia was the best decision I could have ever made. 

As with everyone, things change and life happens. We make decisions based on the best interest for ourselves, our family, and our future. As my full-time job progressed and my responsibilities grew, my involvement with Zarconia started fading even more. I moved to another state, focus was more on adapting to the new life and other family responsibilities. I talked with Nathan and made the decision to leave Zarconia all together in early 2017. Zarconia was transferred completely to Nathan.

With the recent announcement from Nathan and the ending of Zarconia, I knew it had to be a hard thing for him to do. However, I support him completely in his decision. Regardless of why the decision was made, Nathan gave everything he had to this company. Running a hosting company like Zarconia can be exhausting for any person. I am very pleased to see that Andrew has decided to take on the current contracts Zarconia has in order to continue services to the customers. Also to hear that Nathan will still be around to help out in some fashion is great news as well. 

In conclusion, I want to say Thank You Nathan, for everything you have done for Zarconia. You were always  the heartbeat that kept Zarconia alive all these years. I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. 

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Sep 2018

Very sad indeed. Could this demise be due to Empire Building elsewhere I wonder?

Quote · 7 Sep 2018

Not exactly sure what you mean by the 'Empire Building elsewhere' but I can assure you, this was a personal decision made by Nathan and had absolutely nothing to do with anything BoonEx related. Laughing

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Sep 2018

Sorry Zarcon, I mean no offence to Nathan or yourself. I used Zarconia for two sites ans the service was impeccable.  I was referring to possible outside influences that may have helped Nathan to reach that decision.

Best wishes to you both.

Quote · 7 Sep 2018

Hey John, there was no offense taken at all Laughing. I just wasn't sure what you were referring to and wanted you to know it was nothing more than a personal decision made by Nathan. That is all. I apologize if I came across the wrong way. 

I am glad your experience with Zarconia was a good one! And thank you for your best wishes. 

Nothing to see here
Quote · 8 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.