Zarconia "Our Journey's Over"

I have received an email from Nathan stating that Zarconia is closing down...

I am truly hoping this is not the case as the service and dedication Nathan has shown his clients is and was first class.

If true, I wish Nathan all the best in his future endeavours, way to go Nathan.

Stuart :-)

Quote · 5 Sep 2018

No reason not to believe him, but let's turn this into a useful thread.  Anyone suggest comparable host, preferably outside the USA that is knowledgeable of Dolphin? Who are people moving to, and how? This should cover multiple levels of experience for Dolphin users- so no jargon, please.  

Quote · 5 Sep 2018

A sad day in the life of Dolphin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 5 Sep 2018

Can you provide additional details on the closure or is that all they stated?  I can provide hosting for anyone interested; just drop me a PM.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Sep 2018

The full statement is on the Zarconia website.  I don't offer shared hosting for Dolphin because you have to have a low limit on the number of Dolphin sites; and as a Dolphin site grows in membership it can place a higher demand on the server which means that you either have to convince the client to move to a better hosting package or cancel the hosting if they don't want to move.  I only offer VPS or Dedicated hosting for Dolphin.

Quote · 5 Sep 2018

No reason not to believe him, but let's turn this into a useful thread.  Anyone suggest comparable host, preferably outside the USA that is knowledgeable of Dolphin? Who are people moving to, and how? This should cover multiple levels of experience for Dolphin users- so no jargon, please.  

I suggest you have your servers in the US outside of the reach of the European Union.

Quote · 5 Sep 2018

The US is the last place you want your servers.  I recommend Iceland. Orangewebsite.com seems to fit the bill.  Anyone have experience with them?

Enjoy our modern freedom of speech legislation

Our data centers are located in Iceland, which is famous about it's freedom of expression laws. Icelandic Modern Media Initiative (I.M.M.I) provides you better privacy and lower online censorship than most countries. Iceland is completely independent nation outside of the European Union.

Quote · 5 Sep 2018

The US is the last place you want your servers.  I recommend Iceland. Orangewebsite.com seems to fit the bill.  Anyone have experience with them?

Our data centers are located in Iceland, which is famous about it's freedom of expression laws. Icelandic Modern Media Initiative (I.M.M.I) provides you better privacy and lower online censorship than most countries. Iceland is completely independent nation outside of the European Union.

Way over price for what they offer.  The US has freedom of speech in the Constitution and is outside of any EU actions.

Quote · 5 Sep 2018

i used TMD hosting a few years ago, and i gotta say - they were A1. We switched to Zarconia - Also A1 because we wanted to save money as we were switching from a dedicated server to a shared hosting plan. TMD offers a comparably cost cloud hosting that I will go ahead and get. I hate to see Zarconia closing its doors, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Thanks folks at Zarconia for all the assistance you have provided and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

caredesign.net
Quote · 5 Sep 2018

lol

Way over price for what they offer.  The US has freedom of speech in the Constitution and is outside of any EU actions.

Quote · 5 Sep 2018

I paid Zarconia $145.62 on the 31st August for a renewal of my annual plan, the commencing renewal date is tomorrow.

I requested a refund in light of the news, and that the term I had payed for in advance has not even started.

I am shocked that they refused.

Quote · 6 Sep 2018

I paid Zarconia $145.62 on the 31st August for a renewal of my annual plan, the commencing renewal date is tomorrow.

I requested a refund in light of the news, and that the term I had payed for in advance has not even started.

I am shocked that they refused.

The reply said, "at this time."  Perhaps the refund can't be made until later.  However, you might want to look at opening a complaint with your payment provider, credit card company, etc.  Perhaps you should ask what was meant by "at this time."

Quote · 6 Sep 2018

Before taking any drastic measures, I would wait to see what happens with Andrew Boon taking over. 

See the post here:

https://una.io/page/view-discussion?id=1433

Nothing to see here
Quote · 6 Sep 2018

Before taking any drastic measures, I would wait to see what happens with Andrew Boon taking over. 

See the post here:

Andrew didn't say much, almost nothing.  UNA ecosystem, what in hell was that suppose to mean.  Uh, I think you need to take action if you care about your Dolphin site(s).

Quote · 7 Sep 2018

See the post here:

Even the Zarconia page is unclear.  First it states end of term, then it states month.  I think by the end of September if you haven't moved your site or secure the server, you will be SOL.

Quote · 7 Sep 2018

Please, refer to this topic - https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Zarconia-Boonex-Changes.htm

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 7 Sep 2018

At the moment, nothing looks inspiring. Hopefully things will settle and thoughtful consideration return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote · 7 Sep 2018

I can provide Dolphin hosting.  I will migrate your site from your current host at no charge.  Also, I won't force you to move to UNA just so you don't lose all your hard work and time you put into your Dolphin site.

Quote · 7 Sep 2018

Anyone suggest comparable host, preferably outside the USA that is knowledgeable of Dolphin? Who are people moving to, and how? This should cover multiple levels of experience for Dolphin users- so no jargon, please.  

Having looked around for a while, I decided not to wait too long comparing hosting plans.

After working on the site yesterday, I made a site back-up in the evening, just to be on the safe side, and let our new hosts do the 'heavy lifting' (move the site and database).

Recommended Dolphin hosting with data centers in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia I am impressed with things so far.

Everything was moved over without issue by the time I woke up this morning, then once I changed nameservers the SSL certificates were added and the site is loading as it should; maybe even a little faster than before with Zarconia.

They also offer Cloud Hosting for UNA but I really hope not to go down that route.

I might consider Cloud Hosting when we start expanding our other domains under the 1800-Countries umbrella; maybe using Drupal for the content management. I've used Joomla before but wasn't impressed.

Let us know how you get on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote · 9 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.