Zarconia Rocks!

I recently signed up for Zarconia's shared hosting, and I'm really glad I did. Thanks especially to Nathan for his extremely efficient support in getting my site up and performing optimally. 

As a Dolphin newbie, and one who isn't very knowledgeable when it comes to server stuff, Zarconia's shared hosting was the perfect choice. After much frustration with my previous web host, in troubleshooting a new Dolphin installation (via Softalicious), I finally convinced one of the support guys to read the server requirements and recommendations. As suspected, they concluded their shared hosting could not adequately support Dolphin and wanted me to upgrade to a VPS account. I might have considered it - even though a VPS is overkill given my current usage. But I wasn't at all confident that they could assist me to optimize the server and deal with any performance issues.

So I decided to give Zarconia a try. The installation went smoothly - given Nathan's quick assistance when I was unsure about a few of the details. He also was able to instantly diagnose a few errors that resulted from using special characters that were accepted in the name fields (a bug apparently - because the fields accepted those characters - I would have never guessed). 

My community members are super happy that our new site is so fast with so many great features - especially compared to the Joomla installation we were using previously. I'm starting a few other Dolphin sites now on the same account, and I'm confident they'll perform just as well.

Thanks again Nathan and Zarconia.   

Quote · 23 Mar 2013

First let me say 'Thank You' for the very nice compliments.

It's awesome for us to hear stories like this :) Nathan really does go above and beyond when it comes to ensuring the best experience for our clients. He is at the heart of Zarconia. I am not really sure if he even sleeps haha. Zarconia's concept is all about giving the community the best hosting at the best prices. I am glad to hear that you are benefiting from these concepts.

Rock On!

Nothing to see here
Quote · 24 Mar 2013

Zarcon, you're most welcome - the compliments are well deserved. To be sure, given the experience I was having with my last shared hosting (with a highly reputable host - not the popular over-sold variety), your "concept" made sense to me, and it was worth $8 to try it out. And I can now say confidently that this claim of giving the community the best hosting at the best prices is for real and not just hollow words.

Given this experience, I do feel there's a definite need for quality Dolphin-optimized hosting "out-of-the-box" - that is, if Boonex and the community of users are invested in Dolphin's long-term commercial viability. I do hope that Boonex continues to develop Dolphin, particularly in the area of responsiveness on mobile devices... but surely that depends on whether Dolphin is a clear option for a wide range of developers.

BTW, I know what you mean - wondering if Nathan ever sleeps... Indeed, he was able to respond to my questions - usually in a matter of minutes - no matter what time of day it was Cool

Thanks again!

Quote · 24 Mar 2013

Yeah yeah, we keep sayin this stuff and it's gonna go to their big fat heads.....

It's true though, it is a good setup except for one thing. Their autopay system only uses the thieves from PayPal so you gotta remember to manually pay your bill every month .... (wink)

Oh yeah. I'm very big on some key concepts about money and wealth. Is it really necessary to create a site because you want to be rich? Or is it better to create a site or community because you like doing it and you really don't care if it makes you money or not?

I personally would love to be around when the Human race finally gets it and eliminates the idea of money (since money really isn't real anyway, it's just a perceived concept backed up by a piece of paper). A little vid to illustrate that I'm not the only one.

Money? 

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 24 Mar 2013

Yeah yeah, we keep sayin this stuff and it's gonna go to their big fat heads.....

HAHA. There is nothing wrong with a little 'swelling' around the noggin :)

And yes, I have heard your complaint regarding using PayPal and I am in the midst of getting a different option.. just for you :) Note that I am reviewing all avenues and it may be a bit before we can get it implemented, so just bear with me.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 24 Mar 2013

ok ......

bearing .............................................

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 24 Mar 2013

Zarconia ZX3000 Dedicated Server here, I couldn't be happier, Performance, Service, Price, what more could I ask for.

Quote · 24 Mar 2013

Not sure how I missed this, but I am subscribed now..

We are extremely excited that you are happy with the pricing, service, and support that you have received from Zarconia. We meant it when we said we were here to provide BoonEx members the best Dolphin hosting without draining their wallet.

As more and more people have made the switch to Zarconia, they too are getting to enjoy what we have to offer. We really do appreciate giving us the opportunity to serve the BoonEx community and love hearing your feedback. We have some special extras coming soon that will give our client and even more 'customized' hosting...

While I am on a roll, I wanna give a quick shout out to the 'man behind the curtain', Nathan Paton. He continues to give 150% to make sure our clients get exactly what they want in a timely manner..

We all know that BoonEx Rocks!! Now you know that it 'Rocks Harder' when paired with Zarconia!!!

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 May 2013

I first signed up with Zarconia to test, after 2 months I moved all my sites to ZArconia and will go for a dedicated plan shortly (after I reconfigure my Dolphin scripts). Top notch services and excellent Dolphin hosting company = Zarconia.

Quote · 3 Jul 2013

I was recommended to Zarconia by another boonex member (thanks, Steve!) and made the switch from my old hosting company a little more than two months ago.

When I called my previous host to cancel my VPS account, the customer service rep immediately offered a $400/year discount if I stayed.

“Dude, let me tell you what I’m getting [with Zarconia]”, then I started reading off the list of features of the dedicated server plan I intended to purchase.

He politely listened, waiting for the punch line, which I was happy to give, “And I get all of that in a dedicated server for less than 50 bucks more than I’m paying now for a VPS!”

There was a long pause on the phone followed by a simple, “oh”.    HAHA! He didn’t even try to continue to convince me to stay, as it was very apparent the deal I was getting blew them out of the water.

I can also vouch for the speedy response on tech support mentioned by others. It’s true.

Plus, having a server that is optimized for Dolphin and ran by people who know Dolphin inside and out – No sir, I have no regrets at all for signing up with this company!

7.3.5 with responsive UNI
Quote · 4 Jul 2013

Thank you luclonely and sbg101 for making the switch to Zarconia. We are glad to hear that your experience with our hosting has been to your satisfaction. We continue to make customer satisfaction, quality hosting, and affordability our #1 priority.

Who knows, maybe one day we may end up as a BoonEx certified/recommended host and get our name on the Host page too :)

Nothing to see here
Quote · 4 Jul 2013

I gotta say- Moving over to Zarconia was a great decision!

I thought moving to a new host might be a nightmare, but it went so smoothly- Thanks Zarcon and Nathan for making this so easy, and so much more affordable too! It's also much more comforting knowing our site hosting is run by guys who really know Dolphin, and help so many people here among the community.

You guys are definitely a preferred host in my book...I'll recommend Zarconia to anyone.

Much Thanks!

Quote · 16 Jul 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.