Zarconia does it again!

Well, I was with them from the start. Now I've upgraded to a better setup by moving to their new BS2 dedicated from the original Z800 ded server.( I think it was a Z800 )

A rockin setup with a quad core AMD 2.3 GHz Cpu, 8 Gigs of Ram with 2 - 1 Terabyte drives in a raid 1 array with 100 Mbit , unlimited connection to the net.

The move was seamless, no errors, only took 1 day and at $80 a month, I can't go wrong. Initial testing shows the speed increase is dramatically better than the old setup which was already sufficient for my needs. 

I LOVE THESE GUYS and you won't go wrong hosting your Dolphin site(s) with them.....

Now, if I could just come up with a good photo and video mod, we'd be all set......

Cool

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 4 Aug 2014

I'm glad you like your new server! Your old Z800 was our first dedicated server order, and I like to think we've come a long way since then in how we setup and deliver our servers.

And in case you haven't already done so, you should get another boost by turning on APC cache in Dolphin.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 5 Aug 2014

SkyForum,

Thank you kindly for your continued support and service with Zarconia!!  I too am glad to hear that your new server meets (or exceeds) your hosting expectations.

Sorry we can't help you with your Photo and Video mods but at least we've got your hosting needs covered :)

Nothing to see here
Quote · 5 Aug 2014

Awwwwwww.... topics like this, make me feel so warm and fuzzy :):):):):):)

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 5 Aug 2014

I have to agree :-D

For more than a year, we been customers at Zarconia. It's without a doubt the BEST hosting company, EVER! Their customer service is superb and lightning fast!

Lot's of digital love too the Zarconia guys :-D

Regards
Lisa

Quote · 5 Aug 2014

i think this hardware setup is a bit overpriced ... you can get the following dedicated machine for $100

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
- 32 GB DDR3 RAM
- 2 x 2 TB SATA 6 Gb/s HDD; 7200 rpm (Software-RAID 1)
- 1 Gbit connection; 200 Mbit guaranteed
- unlimited traffic (after using 20TB outgoing traffic per month the connection gets reduced to 10 MBit)
- 1 IPv4 address
- IPv6 subnet (/64)
- 570 GBit total bandwidth data center
- redundant connection to data center
- 100 GB external backup space with automatic backup for files and database

just my two cents ...

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
Quote · 6 Aug 2014

APC cache

APC is no longer in active development  and PHP has gone with Zend Optimizer+; named to Zend OPcache.  Zend OPcache is benchmarking significantly over APC.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Aug 2014

APC is no longer in active development  and PHP has gone with Zend Optimizer+; named to Zend OPcache.  Zend OPcache is benchmarking significantly over APC.

This is true, but Dolphin includes built-in support for APC. We used to install XCache, but Dolphin is unable to manually clear the cache and it causes issues with module installation. APC doesn't have these problems. We are a Dolphin host first and foremost, after all. Tongue Out

We constantly change how we optimize our servers, so expect further changes down the road.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 7 Aug 2014

This is true, but Dolphin includes built-in support for APC. We used to install XCache, but Dolphin is unable to manually clear the cache and it causes issues with module installation. APC doesn't have these problems. We are a Dolphin host first and foremost, after all. Tongue Out

Yes, but I had a discussion with this with Alex here on Boonex.  The Dolphin APC cache is a file cache; and there is an addition to Zend OPcache to add the APC file cache.  OPcache is used to handle the php opcode caching and if you want to add the files caching you can add in the APC file cache to OPcache.  So far I have just used the OPcache on a dolphin site to handle the php opcode caching.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Aug 2014

i think this hardware setup is a bit overpriced ... you can get the following dedicated machine for $100

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
- 32 GB DDR3 RAM
- 2 x 2 TB SATA 6 Gb/s HDD; 7200 rpm (Software-RAID 1)
- 1 Gbit connection; 200 Mbit guaranteed
- unlimited traffic (after using 20TB outgoing traffic per month the connection gets reduced to 10 MBit)
- 1 IPv4 address
- IPv6 subnet (/64)
- 570 GBit total bandwidth data center
- redundant connection to data center
- 100 GB external backup space with automatic backup for files and database

just my two cents ...

There's always one in the crowd. Just having a bitchin machine isn't all there is to a hosting platform. I can show you dozens that are absolute monsters but the numbnuts at the controls doesn't know squat.

You get far more than a machine here. You get a couple of the top Dolphin Setup Experts not to mention they are my friends as they are to just about everyone that comes here.

Go buy your big assed machine, I'm sure the boys at Zarconia will charge you a fair price to fix the misconfigs of that outside of the community setup/.

Quote · 7 Aug 2014

We constantly change how we optimize our servers, so expect further changes down the road.

OPCache works behind the scene, you don't need to do anything with dolphin to get it to cache. But you will need some GUI to maintain it though (there are many)

Memcached with opcache is good combination for performance. Note that i have seen weird behaviors on 7.0.9 with opcache enabled but then 7.0.9 is not php 5.4/5 friendly anyway.

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Aug 2014

You guys have totally lost me......Tongue Out

Quote · 7 Aug 2014

We support Dolphin 7.0.9-7.1 (and soon Dolphin 8/U). Right now, APC is the one that works best for us, and it's what we'll be next launching on our shared servers (it's already selectable from within cPanel).

Dolphin U has new software requirements, and we'll be rolling those into our shared and dedicated servers in the near future. We'll also re-evaluate cache options at that time.

Quote · 7 Aug 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.