cant change chmod permissions to install

Using centos 7 server have ssh root permissions...followed your guide to chmod files...alot not found in first instruction...all others seemed to work...went to try to install dolphin and all files still say non-writable....whats the problem here? thanks in advance.....btw...been trying to install for over a week!!!!

Quote · 20 Jun 2018

I don't use Centos, but I've installed Dolphin countless times on a Ubuntu server without a hitch. I avoid working from the command line wherever possible and use Sentora Panel and WinSCP. (CPanel and Filezilla are similar).

1. Create a database. I use Sentora for this.
  2. Using WinSCP or Sentora (much faster for me), upload the zip file to the Dolphin Root and unzip it. 
  3. Using WinSCP, go to /flash/modules/global/app and change the permissions for ffmpeg.exe to enable it to be executed (777). This is done by right clicking the file name and changing the properties.
  4. Install Dolphin in the usual way supplying URL, Directory and Database information.
  5. When requested to change the permissions of INC Use WinSCP to access the file and change the permissions. (See 2 above)
  6. Proceed to the next step and delete the Install directory. Note: Don't do this until asked.
  7. Proceed to install modules. I recommend doing this one at a time.
  8. Set up your cron job.

Notes:

1. Only two lots of permissions were changed. The rest work for me as supplied.
  2. Everything is done using WinSCP.
  3. Average time taken. Less than 10 minutes.
  4. If the above procedure still gives permission errors, there's probably something wrong with the server settings.
Quote · 20 Jun 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.