css help

Hi i am trying to add 20px padding to left and right hand side of comment box but cannot find the css for it. it says it is inline i can add it via inspect element in firefox but cannot find where to add in css or if it is hard coded on a page not sure . any help would be appreciated. I have also attaced a screen shot so you can see what i am trying to do.

Thanks

Quote · 20 Dec 2017

read this post:

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Inspect-Element-Inline.htm

Agent Ransack is very easy to use. Search for padding-left or xxpx.

I assume you're looking at the Wall or Timeline module and you've changed the pixel size in the screenshot.

Also consider using Chrome's Inspector. I seldom run into "inline" these days using Chrome.

Quote · 20 Dec 2017

Hi john42

thanks for link to that post and for link to Agent Ransack, I will try that tonight. I was using firebug have used that for years. The picture you can click to zoom in and font is normal must be boonex when uploaded pic it reduced it or something.

thanks

Quote · 20 Dec 2017

Not the font size. The pixel size for your margins. You said you want to make them 20 and the screenshot is showing 20. As I didn't know what the module was, or what the original margin was I couldn't do a search.

Quote · 21 Dec 2017

sorry  i didn't realize what you meant, correct i was trying to add the 20 px to the padding  in the css. i did add it via firebug but couldn't find  the css file.

after more digging around and changing in firebug i found by adding padding to the .bx-def-bc-margin in default.css it worked content boxes are now back to normal in wall/timeline page

thanks

Quote · 21 Dec 2017

Glad you got it working. The thing to remember is that lots of things like margins, fonts and colours share the same CSS code which could be located anywhere. 

Agent Ransack only searches for strings of text or code. If you searched for (example) margin-left; 10px in your Boonex directory, Agent Ransack would have listed every instance. You still need to experiment by changing the size and watching the results. Fortunately with Agent Ransack, you can click on the listed file(s) and they're opened in Notebook++ (which is also a must).

Quote · 21 Dec 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.