cupid.php error

After being setup and running great for over a month, I just started receiving an error from the cron job from cupid.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/mydomain/public_html/langs/lang-en.php on line 86

No changes were made to the system at all.  It just started returning the error.

I opened up lang-en.php but everything looks correct.

Could this be a bad string in the database?

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

ok, opened up lang-en.php again and noticed the file appears to be cut-off as if it was recompiled but didn't finish.

Here's the last couple lines of the file

'_forgot_your_password' => 'Forgot Password',
'_photos' => 'Photos',
'_contact_us' => 'Contact Us',
'_Random' => 'random',
'_Latest' => 'latest',
'_day(s)' => '{0} day(s)',
'_hour(s)' => '{0} hour(s)',
'_minute(s)' => '{0} minute(s)',

I would expect to at least to see the end of the array and the closing php tag

);
?>

I tried adding that just to get access to the site, but it's still returning the error.

My entire site is down, including the admin area.  Can somebody open up their lang-en.php and copy/paste the lines I am missing so I can atleast get back in and re-compile my lang file?

please help!!!

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

You don't necessarily need a closing php tag.

where is your back up file? You do have one right?

Hard to provide you with one as everyones language file will be slightly differnt than yours. If we add language keys and strings it probably wont match yours.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 29 Sep 2008

You don't necessarily need a closing php tag.

where is your back up file? You do have one right?

Hard to provide you with one as everyones language file will be slightly differnt than yours. If we add language keys and strings it probably wont match yours.

Obviously, if I had a backup file I would use that.

I wouldn't expect whatever is provided to be correct.  i just need something so I can access my site to recompile the file. 

Trying anything is better then doing nothing and sitting here looking at php error screen, correct?

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

Nobody will share with me their lang file?

What I really need is a script to run outside the site to recompile the language file.  In absence of that I am hoping a manual repair fo the file will at least let me in.

please somebody help!

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

Here is the way.

Goto admin panel -> Setting -> Language Files.

Then recompile it.

----
Quote · 29 Sep 2008

Here is the way.

Goto admin panel -> Setting -> Language Files.

Then recompile it.

For help visit http://www.dolphinpros.com

That would work if I could actually login into my site, thus the main issue..... the site is down.  I cannot access it to repair it.  I need to manually rebuild the file or run a script outside the proram to repair the file.

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

I can send you ours, but before I do so, can we be sure it will not mess your site up even more?

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

I can send you ours, but before I do so, can we be sure it will not mess your site up even more?

I am not going to just plug your file in.  I am going to go thru it line by line and compare to what I have, then identify what's missing and add it into mine.  I think I'll be able to spot any extra keys and not include those.  hopefully, it'll allow me to atleast get into the site so I can quickly rebuild the file from within.

Maybe somebody else with more knowledge can provide input.  My understanding is the language file is used within the site and not returned from the db unless the keys are modified. When a key is modified the language file is recompiled. 

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.