curly braces is deprecated

Hello everyone, looking to install dolphin 7.4.2 with php 7.#  and i get an error "Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated".

I thought dolphin were compitable with php7, but when i try 5.6 there is no error and the installer shows up?

any ideas?

:)

Creative Progressive Progression
Quote · 5 Apr 2023

Dolphin 7.4.2 works fie with PHP 7, but won't work on version 8. I've installed 7.4.2 dozens of times and it can easily be done in less than 10 minutes. The error may not be 7.4.2, or PHP, but it could be the ini file settings which vary from server to server. Hosted servers are a pain because they must consider others using the same version of PHP. VPS servers are much better because you're in charge of PHP. If you're using a hosted server, you may need to contact your hosting service.

Make sure PHP 7.x is installed and make sure you're installing Dophin 7.4.2 which should be the latest download.

Quote · 6 Apr 2023

Thanks so much, I were using php with iis on my local computer. It turned out, still not sure how it happen but when I did a side by side comparison with an un-configured .ini file. Some of the scripts were missing, up and running now.. 

thanks

Creative Progressive Progression
Quote · 6 Apr 2023

Good to hear.

Quote · 7 Apr 2023

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.