database backup failure

Hi All.

when trying to use the database backup facility i get this error Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 894770 bytes)

How do I increase this to solve the problem or is it something my host has to do?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

Hmmm.

I just tried to perform a complete "backup structure and content" from the Admin Tools.

It appears to save the sql into the backup folder, although when it appears to have completed the page just shows up BLANK.

So I thought I would try to save the file on my PC....nothing was ever saved, but again the blank page came up.

Same again with saving it to screen.

I am concerned about a total backup using this Admin tool...

Anyone else experience this?

Quote · 10 Aug 2008

Hmmm.

I just tried to perform a complete "backup structure and content" from the Admin Tools.

It appears to save the sql into the backup folder, although when it appears to have completed the page just shows up BLANK.

So I thought I would try to save the file on my PC....nothing was ever saved, but again the blank page came up.

Same again with saving it to screen.

I am concerned about a total backup using this Admin tool...

Anyone else experience this?

Anyone?

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

I'm having a similar problem.  When I try to backup using "backup structure and content", nothing happens. But when I backup just the structure it works fine.  The backup structure and content was working a couple days ago.  Does anyone know how to just reinstall the backup tools in dolphin?  Do I just replace the backup folder, or is there something else that I need to replace.  Thanks

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

Does different browser's give the same results?

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

Yes, I tried with both explore and mozilla.  The strange thing is that the "backup structure and content" is the only backup that I can't do.  I can do all the other backups within the backup tools.

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

I've tried the backup to the server and pc, and get the same results.  When I click "database backup"  it just lags until the page times out.

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

I had this problem... I was told my database was too large to backup in Dolphin's admin panal... to backup in cpanal.

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

i havent tried that complete backup from within admin since we know how important a persons website and content is, we have implemented an absolute backup plan on all of our accounts. in the interim, if you can backup the content, which i think can be accomplished from your control panel as well, then i would look to phpmyadmin to run the dbase backup. you can find a cron job script that will backup single directory structures or entire sites. as well as the dbase.

yes indeed this would lead me to growing concerns if i were unable to backup a production site such as dolphin.

regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 22 Sep 2008

Thanks for the help everyone! I will backup the database through cpanel.

Quote · 22 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.