dolphin background

hi, looking to have a custom background created for dolphin. actually years ago

i had a custom ui built for a mobile app, on looking to adapt it to dolphin now.

what is the best background image size for dolphin width and long scroll?

file format?

Creative Progressive Progression
Quote · 4 Feb 2021

You can make the background length any size you like, but keep in mind a couple of things:

• It will probably stay the same for a short page such viewing a photo.
  • It has to load each time a person looks at the page, thus slowing page load times down.

Scrolling backgrounds were popular once, but you hardly see them any more.

We all have our views on these things and I hate photo backgrounds. I don't come to a site to look at a photographic background, I come for the content.

Because blocks need a solid background to make text readable, I'm not sure you'll see much of your background photo, especially on a phone.

Quote · 4 Feb 2021

hey, thanks so much for you thoughts..

i read everything you said and it all make sense, the reason for me wanting a background is to make the site look like it's 100% a part of the mobile app design.

i contacted the seller of this module a while back with no response https://www.boonex.com/m/abserve-theme-with-powerful-adminpanel-dolphin7-2  ....

do you know if this module has a still background or scroll?

Quote · 4 Feb 2021

Explain what you need on the background; I may be able to help.  Give as much detail as possible.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Feb 2021

hi geek_girl, 

let me start by saying, i did not mean anything bad on your post where you were looking for a coder. the guys are good only for what they have on the market because they know the value, but on custom work value is really there after work is done.

back to me,

this image is the background of the mobile app but i will like to implement it into the website...

see attached

2.jpg · 122.1K · 164 views
Quote · 5 Feb 2021

Are you using a custom theme/template?

Quote · 6 Feb 2021

i were thinking of using the above mention module for all the cool features if any. if not just have this image as a static background. as everything else, working, testing, knowledge!

Quote · 6 Feb 2021

Let's do it in the base; a custom template might override the base css; if so, then you would add it the custom template.  Go to /templates/base/css  Open up common.css in an editor.  Find at the top of the file:

body {
    width: 100%;
    min-height: 100vh;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;

background-image: url(../images/sys-bg-main.png);   
}

change sys-g-main.png to the name of your background image.  You may want to set tile as well.  To see how to add tile and other properties visit this page: https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_background-image.asp

Upload your background image to /templates/base/images.  Then go to tools and cache and clear the cache and do a force reload of your page.  You may have to clear your browser cache as well although a forced reload should do the trick.

Quote · 6 Feb 2021

If you are using the evo template or some of the others, then you might need to make your changes in that template; there will be similar files and directories.

Quote · 6 Feb 2021

wow, you are something else. will test tomorrow and update you on how it goes..

thanks

Quote · 6 Feb 2021

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.