double posts in chatroom

I think ive seen this problem spoken about before but i did a search and cant find the reference, so........

Ive been in my chat tonight, and the person i was chatting with, said that my post where repeating.

Hello

Hello

hows your evening been

hows your evening been

like that  when i only typed it the once, and stranger still, the chat lines that wasnt like that to start with, doubled up later on.

Anybody seen this before and any idea what causes it...

regards

tyke

Quote · 12 Mar 2009

just giving this a bump  Laughing

Quote · 12 Mar 2009

This is what happens when your server is sitting at the Grand Canyon...

I don't have the answer to that one Tyke, but I'd love to see it... Link please...

Quote · 12 Mar 2009

This is what happens when your server is sitting at the Grand Canyon...

I don't have the answer to that one Tyke, but I'd love to see it... Link please...

well you certainly get your moneys worth in the chat room. Two for the price of one... all we need is a third one and we will have a BOGOF (buy one get one free). lol

http://www.adultconnect.net/

Quote · 12 Mar 2009

just seeing if i can get this screen shot of the problem to work... right done it... So as you can see, the chat is repeating itself, and this is instant. somebody types a line it comes in twice, and sometimes three times now.

Anybody any idea's what this could be.

Oh and yes, it did do it in the lobby ... LOL

oh and yes,  it did do it in the lobby.... Arrggggg

Quote · 13 Mar 2009

bump

Quote · 13 Mar 2009

i get same problem!

Wish there was a fix for it.

Quote · 23 Mar 2009

Have you tried reinstalling the Chat module? If you are using your own RMS then restart that server and see if it still works. I gues the questions is... what have you dont as far as troubleshooting the problem?

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 23 Mar 2009

I am seeing exact the same problem. After some testing, it seems to be related to switching back to a room that you are already in.

i will try to clarify this with an example, for this example we have 3 rooms named 1, 2 and 3

- you enter the chat at room 1, no problem here.

- you move to room 2, still no problem.

- you move back to room 1, now you see 2 lines for every line a remote user enters.

- you move to room 3, here you see 1 line again as it should be.

- you move back to room 1 again, now you see 3 lines of text for every line a remote user enters

The only way i found to cure this is to log outa and back in of dolphin.

It looks like when you enter a new room, a new stream is being made, even when you where already connected to it.

I would very much like to see a solution for this Cry

Quote · 8 Apr 2009

After a little more testing, i found out that the problem ONLY occurs if you keep switching rooms using the buttons on the right site of the chat window (under all rooms).

If you however use the buttons on the top of the chatwindow to go back to a room that you already entered, this double line problem doesnt happen.

so this is NOT a cache or cooky problem, its a bug in the code.

Every time a user selects a room buttons on the right side, he is added to the room and no (correct) check is made if he is already there.

The fact that the sound for a member entering a room is played every time you use that button on the right side even if you already where in that room makes this even more clear.

Quote · 15 Apr 2009

Sorry to revive an old thread but as there seems to be no conclusive answer and i cant find any similar threads that do ....

I have double, triple and sometimes more posts and would really like it to cease.

Quote · 7 Jan 2011

@MattHammer

would that be "simple messenger chat" or the "chat" page?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 7 Jan 2011

@Newton

That would be in the main chat itself. On one occasion it happened when one of my users changed rooms and back. Mainly it just seems to randomly do it for a while and then stop and then start again, with no obvious reasons.

Quote · 7 Jan 2011

the reason I asked. I have seen this happen on my end on the simple messenger but the receiving party doe's not see it. Just annoying, I have not seen this happen in chat, but then again I don't use the chat rooms. now to see the rooms in action you could visit http://www.ustillup.com/m/chat/home/

This chat is usually busy late here in the USA

I have watched that chat in action and have never seen a duplication on there.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 7 Jan 2011

I'm having this issue and there's no switching b/tw rooms (I've even made it so that only one room exists and there's still double posting happening). I tried reinstalling the chat module, no diff. I don't have access to the RMS server, so i can't restart that. I've looked all through the admin section to see if there's something in the settings that could be adjusted, but nothing appears for this.

Anyone find a solution?

Quote · 5 Feb 2011

Almost totally forgot to post the solution here. I had my server host & ray looking into it and it is fixed now... I think the main issue was that one little check box in admin>flash apps>settings to enable RMS that was left unchecked. Thanks to Ray for all the help and the solution!

Quote · 18 Feb 2011

The solution above didn't turn out to be a permanent fix. We're still, 6 months later, dealing with this issue. It doesn't seem to be related to anything that I can find. The RMS servers are up and functional. All of the settings are correct. All of the features are working fine (chat & messenger) except for the double posting of messages. How can I stop this?

Quote · 11 Sep 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.