ecard copyright issue

Hi,

a lawyer contacted me regarding an ecard he has received from my dolphin page.

The ecard (delivered with smart pro) is showing a picture from the movie "ICE AGE". I would like to avoid legal disputes. My simple question is: do we have the rights to use the picture from the movie and the other pictures as ecards?

Regards, Herbert

Quote · 21 Jul 2008

You are the only one to be able to answer your question... If you have the written permission from the authors or from the holders of the copyrights to use such picture, mark name, music, etc... or if you have bought the regarding rights you don't will have any problem...

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 21 Jul 2008

The ecard picture is sold/delivered by boonex in the smartpro back but I have not found written permission from the authors in smartpro back.

Quote · 22 Jul 2008

Boonex should give a warning to customers regarding using delivered ecards.

Quote · 28 Jul 2008

If it's packaged in Smart Pro I am sure it is licensed for Dolphin Software/BOONEX.  But like sammie said...any stock photo house would solve that problem if your unsure.

But Boonex does a good job on NOT to "infringe on royality rights" And the software does a good job at only permitting media that is self authored or "shareware distributable". For instance you can not upload paid music to your musice player as it comes with a license which restricts and legally protects the author or artisit from mass duplication and sydication.

If your ecard widget comes stock with 10 sample cards... I am 99.5% sure they are properly licensed or the wouldn't be in Smart Pro.! The lawyer sounds like...He's trying to develop an angle on Dolphin. lol

Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.