fast hosting

Anybody have a host they recommend for dolphin hosting? I installed the dolphin script on my  shared server, its way to slow, if i ever get a member, they will leave because of my SLOW server. thanks, john www.nurse-station.com

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

You can host Dolphin with www.hostranet.com I have one dolphin websites hosted with them fast servers check my website www.friendsbooth.com they support .htaccess and php.ini you can upload videos upto 20m.

i also know a dutch bloke who hosted his website with hostranet and got a free domain http://www.communygate.com/ unlimited data transfer unlimited web space! check them out;)

Quote · 31 Aug 2008

hostranet.com stinks.... Hostmonster and Hostgator are the only two hosting companies that work with Dolphin.

Quote · 31 Aug 2008

Try this http://www.hostupon.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=slashz

This host is the best host for dolphin and they will not give you excuses that their host doesnt support your requiremt.This host is  fast, easy, cheap and secure .

Quote · 31 Aug 2008

i think some are confused when it comes to understanding what is required to run a dolphin suite proficiently. i see where some consider that php.ini and 20m upload is what is necessary, this is subsequent post install. then there was mention that there are only two hosts that support dolphin script. well i can tell you that on of them hostgator only supports dolphin on its dedicated servers, and they run you a nice clip of $159.00 per month. bluehost has register globals on making your site vulnerable. 

so to toot my own horn here, there are about six of us from the community who have become frustrated with the problems many of our fellow community members were having with finding a hosting environment for their dolphin site. We now offer hosting to dolphin community members, so the hosting is for dolphin users, by dolphin users. We considered this to be important, since most issues you would face during your hosting tenure, we have already faced, or some other user had already faced, that we were the technical support for on our optimized hosting environment servers. The one thing that we also include with our hosting is RMS, so you are not plundering around looking for someway to run RMS, it is included on our hosting packages. 

i will refrain from blasting the url here, as i dont find it necessary, however, what i will say is that we are working with Boonex currently to be one of their recommended hosting providers, and if all goes well, we can rid ourselves of that hideous advert for hfw. 

if you need further information regarding our hosting, please send a pm to myself or sammie, and we will walk you through this process of hosting your own great social networking community.

regards,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 31 Aug 2008

You can host Dolphin with www.hostranet.com I have one dolphin websites hosted with them fast servers check my website www.friendsbooth.com they support .htaccess and php.ini you can upload videos upto 20m.

i also know a dutch bloke who hosted his website with hostranet and got a free domain http://www.communygate.com/ unlimited data transfer unlimited web space! check them out;)

i get an absolute kick out of this kind of post. you clearly have no inkling what bandwidth is, and the fact that you would believe that its unlimited is even more bizarre. i was just digging around because i dont like making a statement without having facts. so i went and took at a look at hostranet.com, and see what this "unlimited bandwidth" you are boasting is all about.

well here is what i found, you are correct, they sell you on that as just a means of getting you signed up. the truth and fact of the matter is that very few web sites would ever use up even 100GB bandwidth a month, but that is not a good marketing tool to advertise 100GB bandwidth, so most hosting providers know, that you are going to use somewhere around 1/4 - 1/2 gb bandwidth a month. so they sell you this farce, that it is unlimited. now here is what i found on this site hostranet.com, i read the advert of unlimited bandwidth, (this does not exist) and i can prove this with there own acceptable use polilcy located here: http://hostranet.com/aup.html.

1.4.7) Sites must not use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, processor utilization and / or disk space. Please see the 'High Resource Use Policy' in the General Terms and Conditions. 

no, friend, if in fact that there was unlimited bandwidth, why would you think this would be written in their acceptable use policy? how could you possibly use up UNLIMITED? well you couldnt, and there would be no need to restrict it. i can almost assure you that this account has a bandwidth limit of about 2500GB. 

the other interesting thing i found as i was probing around, there are in excess of 900 sites hosted on this machine. 

Reverse IP: 930 other sites hosted on this server. that is data from domaintools.com. so you see, where i have no intention of telling somebody what is the best host for a dolphin site, i do know that the servers i provide would never have 930 accounts on them. so this server has say if at all, 10 or so dolphin accounts, and there are most likely a few blogs and php-nuke, joomla, wordpress, e107, and some of those guys on there, but by no means is this an environment where i would want to put my dolphin script, that is dependant on resources, and if you would like to me, i could dig around some more and find you the bandwidth limitation that this hosting provider is actually bound to. 

i just wanted to point out that sometimes what is being said, is not factual, and in some cases, the sales person has no knowledge of limited or unlimited, they are given a sales pitch, and that is what you are given.

i hope this has shed some light on upsell verbiage, and actual technological verbiages used in this industry of web hosting. 

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 31 Aug 2008

Try this http://www.hostupon.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=slashz

This host is the best host for dolphin and they will not give you excuses that their host doesnt support your requiremt.This host is  fast, easy, cheap and secure .

a good one here says your account will just be suspended until you upgrade. wonder what that upsell would cost you?

Bandwidth Usage: HostUpon offers a generous amount of data transfer per month. Bandwidth is calculated on a recurring 30 days. Sites that use over the given limit in 30 days will automatically be suspended. There is a daily transfer cap of total bandwidth divided by the number of days in the current month. If you exceed your bandwidth limit for any given month, your account will be suspended until you upgrade, warning e-mail's are sent out before your account reaches the maximum.  good stuff when you think about it. thank you slashz for the recommendation. do you guys even ready the TOS or AUP anywhere you go? 

reading this stuff can save you a huge headache at a later time. 

regards,
DosDawg

Quote · 31 Aug 2008

hostranet.com stinks.... Hostmonster and Hostgator are the only two hosting companies that work with Dolphin

just curious where you obtained your information from on this post? can you post some factuals that detail why hostranet.com stinks, and also why you think hostgator and hostmonster are the only two hosts that work with dophin?

just would like to know for future reference? 

later,
DosDawg

Quote · 31 Aug 2008

Our servers are built to support dolphin 100%

You can check our hosting solutions at http://cpanel.happy-hosting.com

----
Quote · 31 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.