ffmpeg.exe on linux ?

ffmpeg.exe is on 777 but i have a linux server so i have to install a nother way for dolphin video processing runnig ?

my hoster told me that exe files are not working on linux servers

i have a server at 1and1 with linux opensuse and plesk

i try a lot the last days but video processing is not working

i edit the uploadsize in php.ini and all the other suggestions (global registers off php safe mode off and some others)

ind disabled functions there is nothing

i install gallery2 and the installer told me that exec() is enebled and working

i try to get a linux version of ffmpeg and copy it into the same folder of ffmpeg.exe

this don´t work

i create a test.php with diagnostic procedure i found here and the output for -version of ffmpeg.exe is : command not found

i copy the ffmpeg for linux in my root and try the name in putty but i get command not found

so i am nealy frustration now - because i can´t get this video processing to working

have anyone antother idea ???

Quote · 22 Nov 2009

Yeah...  Find some other hosting company for your Dolphin site.   You can't run Dolphin on 1 and 1.  Everyone here that has tried to run Dolphin on 1 and 1 servers, has reported numerous problems.  

The ffmpeg.exe file supplied in the D7 distribution package should work just fine.  The simple fact is, 1 and 1 won't allow this executable to run on their servers.  1 and 1's customer service is trained to outright lie to their customers whenever there's a problem.

Your only solution is to ditch them, and find a real hosting company.   You can tell them I said so.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 22 Nov 2009

are you sure ?

i have a linux root server - so i thought i can do anything whhat i want - also execute files ?

i have a 12 months contract - so i want to try

but they tell me - and in the internet too - that an exe file can´t execute on a linux system , thats why i ask why the dolphin comes with an exe file because not every one have an windows server

that is my 6th hoster - and slowly i think, there is no hoster on the world where i can install dolphin because the hosting packages here are no servers

and i don´t understand that a hoster comes with 25 gb for a month for a system of videowebsite :(

anyone another solution for running ffmpeg on linux ?

Quote · 23 Nov 2009

ffmpeg was primarily made for Linux not Windows

Quote · 23 Nov 2009

It has nothing to do with 1and1.. Almost all shared hosting platforms do not allow ffmpeg but with some hosts it will work even if they do not allow..

Quote · 23 Nov 2009

I just checked some forums and it is several posts on different topics about people having trouble running ffmpeg on 64 bit opensuse.. Dont know but maybe that could be the problem

Quote · 23 Nov 2009

This is the command I seen in my Host Tools...

sh: crontab: command not found
Quote · 19 Dec 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.