ffmpeg on mac os 10.13

anyone know how to get ffmpeg working on a mac. this is what i have in host tools.

sh: /Library/Webserver/Documents/flash/modules/global/app/ffmpeg.exe: cannot execute binary file

caredesign.net
Quote · 3 Sep 2018

after doing a bunch of searching and not finding the answer - i have figured it out. I used brew and installed ffmpeg, then changed all the location listing of ffmpeg in the dolphin site to the new location of the new ffmpeg.

caredesign.net
Quote · 3 Sep 2018

Or you can download "ffmpeg-91715-gd71dfc087b.dmg" in here :

https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/

BTW, I use Mac OS X 10.11 Server.

https://www.insoler.com/ The first community site supports RAW photo formats !
Quote · 4 Sep 2018

server i heard is different than the regular OS. Not sure if that makes a difference. I dont use macs and this is the first one i have actually tried to do a test site on. the issue is that dolphin is not setup to be run on a mac os even though mac does meet all the requirements. Keep in mind, the ffmpeg that ships with dolphin is an .exe file. Didnt you still have to change some things when you used the ffmpeg you are referring to?

caredesign.net
Quote · 4 Sep 2018

OSX is based on UNIX.  The ffmepg that ships with Dolphin has an .exe extension but remember that extensions in Linux and similar OSes are just for humans, not the computer OS.  The .exe extensions does not mean it is a Windows executable.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Sep 2018

i understand that totally,  - the ffmpeg that ships with dolphin does not work on mac os. 

sh: /Library/Webserver/Documents/flash/modules/global/app/ffmpeg.exe: cannot execute binary file

are you saying that i should have just removed the .exe at the end?
caredesign.net
Quote · 9 Sep 2018

I had to get this to work on a Mac server for a video editing app and I did get it to work. The app allowed simple video edits, overlays, and recompilation of the new video. It would be an interesting project to start up again.

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 9 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.