ffmpeg version compatible with ray?

my host said:

I went ahead and ran "ffmpeg -v" on your server and ffmpeg seems to be
supported just fine:

coke: 07:37 PM# ffmpeg -v
FFmpeg version SVN-r7231, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --prefix=/usr --mandir=${prefix}/share/man --enable-gpl
--enable-pp --enable-pthreads --enable-vorbis --enable-faac
--enable-libogg --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-libgsm --disable-debug
--enable-mp3lame --enable-faad
libavutil version: 49.1.0
libavcodec version: 51.25.0
libavformat version: 51.6.0
built on May 4 2007 15:46:52, gcc: 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)

Yet, in my test file, there is still no output for the ffmpeg section. And i still get the upload file error. Any ideas? All file permissions are correct.

All php.ini values are adjusted to the proper values and then some... and has been checked in my php info file located at http://www.deciphagear.com/test1.php

The .htaccess file command that is required is already set so thats not the issue i dont think

so is there another version of ffmpeg that i can upload to replace this? im running dolphin 6.1.2 and the latest ray.

Quote · 23 Jul 2008

Just for the heck of it i would do a 6.1.3 install   in a folder called /dolphintest     and see if that will allow you to upload videos.   i had this happen on a few dolphin installs.   If you need some help or need someone to test things let me know.

Jason

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 23 Jul 2008

whats actually different about 6.1.3

how could i upgrade 6.1.2 to 6.1.3? that would reset everything i've done

do you know if its possible to just update certain parts of my 6.1.2 install to 6.1.3

such as my Ray folder if its been updated with 6.1.3 idk

Quote · 23 Jul 2008

hmm

Might this have something to do with RMS?

or

What if I download the Ray patch for 6.1.3 (I am using 6.1.2) and upgrade my Ray folder?

Or upgrade my 6.1.2 - 6.1.3 following http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/6.1.2to6.1.3

think that could work eh.. ? lol

Quote · 23 Jul 2008

The upgrade focuses on Register Globals and Modular Values and should not affect any of your current customizations. HOWEVER always do a BACKUP prior to upgrades. Second open up your FTP agent and compare the files which are being over written to ensure they are not files you have customized. I would say in the 4 upgrades I did that it doesn't affect any customizations but that's my sites not yours....

Takes about 10 minutes.

FKA... What specifically does the file upload error say... Have you adjusted the upload value in the Ray Mod(Mp3,Video) Admin Settings Section as it is set to 10mb by default.?

Quote · 23 Jul 2008

yes i have it set quite a bit higher than 10

i tried it at 20 but i set it at 100 a second ago but i havent tried uploading anthing

that shuoldnt make a difference though?

ive tried uploading avi, mpeg, wmv, all different file sizes, from 950kb to 3mb.. nothing works

i get

File Upload Error

the file uploads then shows for a second then that error pops up

The upgrade focuses on Register Globals and Modular Values and should not affect any of your current customizations. HOWEVER always do a BACKUP prior to upgrades. Second open up your FTP agent and compare the files which are being over written to ensure they are not files you have customized. I would say in the 4 upgrades I did that it doesn't affect any customizations but that's my sites not yours....

Takes about 10 minutes.

FKA... What specifically does the file upload error say... Have you adjusted the upload value in the Ray Mod(Mp3,Video) Admin Settings Section as it is set to 10mb by default.?

Quote · 24 Jul 2008

Are you using RMS.? If so do you have Enable RayPro in the Advanced Settings checked. Provide an URL and I'll look it over :)

Quote · 24 Jul 2008

No I don't have RayPro enabled

i do have the RMS boonex one checked

Quote · 25 Jul 2008

the ffmpeg came up as

Here's ffmpeg.exe output under a shell account:

[coke]$ ./ray/modules/global/app/

ffmpeg.exe
Killed

my host said to try to install ffmpeg localy following this wiki:

im asking boonex support if its possible to install ffmpeg locally and point my Ray to use it
if so then i need to find a linux download of a latest version, or the same version dolphin/ray uses to install with
Quote · 25 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.