ftp hacked

Hi,

I have probleme with my ftp, somebody (bot or hacker) add file on my ftp like /memo/www.paypal.com/

And my hoster (OVH) block my site for phishing.

I think there is a flaw in the dolphin script ... ?

Any idea or solution ?

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

Hello Jackson!

What version are you using?

In any case, upgrade to 6.1.4 (which is a very easy thing to do) and the hack problems should be gone. This update deals mainly with this problem.

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

I have the 1.6.4 and I delete paypal file because i didn't use it.

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

I have the 1.6.4 and I delete paypal file because i didn't use it.

Sounds like you did the right thing.. Jus in case it was some kind of a system thing, leave everything running as normal and see if you have any more problems. Also, get your host to monitor your site.

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

1.6.4?? You are about 20 versions behind!

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

It sounds as though you have anonymous FTP set to on  ..... 

You should turn OFF anonymous FTP for security ..... 

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

1.6.4?? You are about 20 versions behind!

I'm sure it was a typo.. he meant 6.1.4.

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

Yes it's 6.1.4. And my FTP is not in anonymous mode.

I will wait and see.

Thanks for answers.

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

Yes it's 6.1.4. And my FTP is not in anonymous mode.

I will wait and see.

Thanks for answers.

jackson,

check to see if register_globals are on with your host. and then as you will read every post related to hacking, that it is not the script, it is your choice of hosting providers. when you choose $1.99 hosting, this is what happens to your site.  i know all about remote shell and the access one can gain to a site on a shared server. whereas you are not able to necessarily modify the server files, you can however, access every account on that server, and put files where you want them to be.

so please do some reading on here before you decide to post that there is a flaw in the script. let me say this clearly to you so you dont have any misconception:

Syntax_Error_Invalid_User

not trying to be mean here, but clearly you didnt follow the developers server requirements, and you havent tried to use the search feature of the forum.

if you need help, let me know, and we can see where we can go from here. if the host has shut you down, and wont acknowledge the server being compromised, then you will need to find you a hosting provider for your site. they should at least allow you access to your files so you can download them.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 23 Aug 2008

Hi,

I think i have really follow developers server requirements, and my host tell me that there is flaw, so I just asking and I have search on the forum. Today i have found this ==> http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/Fix_for_dolphin_exploit , I hope that will be fix and I thanks sammie for this post.

I think that my host is the best french host, and I paid 240 euros/year, it's not a host provider to 1.99 $.

Thanks DosDawg for your help.

Quote · 31 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.