group forum Language files compilation failed

Language files compilation have been failed. Please check folders permissions

which folder needs permissions? the error log is too simple.

Quote · 3 Aug 2008
groups/gallery 755Non-writable 777Writable
groups/orca/cachejs 755Non-writable 777Writable
groups/orca/classes 755Non-writable 777Writable
groups/orca/js 755Non-writable 777Writable
groups/orca/layout 755Non-writable 777Writable
groups/orca/log 755Non-writable 777Writable
orca/cachejs 755Non-writable 777Writable
orca/classes 755Non-writable 777Writable
orca/conf 755Non-writable 777Writable
orca/js 755Non-writable 777Writable
orca/layout 755Non-writable 777Writable
orca/log 755Non-writable 777Writable

hope that helps :)

Quote · 3 Aug 2008

Thank you very much ,it works now.

Quote · 3 Aug 2008

and what to do if all that folders are 777 and still getting that message ? That is my problem.

I've moved all from one location to other and now it cant complile, but all that folders are 777 - just checked. Can it be problem of files inside that folders ? Any changes on them ?

Quote · 16 Nov 2008

I get the same error message (Language files compilation have been failed. Please check folders permissions).  I checked and re-checked the permissions and all are correct.  But I still get the error - [L[Message]] around all the text.

Do I need to re-install it?

Thank

Quote · 15 Dec 2008

if all this permissions correct - you should be able to recompile language.

If you still enable to make it - just PM me and I will check it up.

Regards

Artur

Quote · 16 Dec 2008

All permissions are correct.  PM sent.  Thanks

Quote · 17 Dec 2008

All permissions are correct.  PM sent.  Thanks

were you able to get this checked out and resolved/ i had a few installs do that to me, the language files just refused to compile. i presume that mrp has faced the same issue, as he and i went back and forth on this for about two weeks on how to get the language files to compile. and honestly i cant tell you what was done to correct this, however, i have started making it a practice that on the install that is the second thing that gets done after a fresh installation. a fresh install in your case may actually be the solution if you have not already resolved the situation. where are you hosted and are their servers dolphin compatible? that is a huge deal, and it has been discussed on multiple occassions in these forums.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 17 Dec 2008

It actually complied originally and fixed most of the issues, but as you drill down further into the group, you start to see the "L[Message]]" problems.

Quote · 17 Dec 2008

I'm having the same difficulty - I checked throughout the forums, checked my permissions... double checked code in many files... and I still see this in Firefox:

<div id="FloatDesc" style="position:absolute;display:none;z-index:100;"></div> <div id="login_div" class="login_ajax" onclick="var t = ( event.target || event.srcElement ); if ( t == this ) $('#login_div').hide();"></div> <script src="http://thetwilightnetwork.com/team/ray/modules/im/js/invite.js" type="text/javascript" language="javascript"></script> <div id="flcontainer" name="flcontainer" style="position:absolute;top:-9999px;left:0px;width:300px;height:200px;z-index:1000;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

(etc, etc... I won't fill the forum with the entire script. (And the same with the footers)

And in IE I cannot compile language (which is one of the suggested actions). I just get the failure message.

Is this because I added Analytics recently to the footer?

I'm sure there is a very quick fix to this as every other problem I've had with the Boonex problems has been easily solved (thanks to this wonderful forum).

Appreciating as always your help.

Quote · 6 Jan 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.