how to install dolphin

I have install dolphin to my host, went throug the install pages but when i set my perissions back and hit next it takes me back  to the start page , i have delted the install file but that dont work either, how do i active this?

can anyone help me?

Quote · 25 Dec 2008

any link to your site  so we can take a closer look at it

Quote · 25 Dec 2008

my site is www.my-chatspace.com, and iam trying to in stall the dolphin free and iam doing it the manual way

Quote · 25 Dec 2008

Ihave reinstall the install file, still dont work, i have set all permissions and i dont get ant kind of warning about missing files or permission. i make it all the way through the install , i reverse permissions and hit next and it take me back to the bieginning again. is it possible that when i downloaded dolphin the it was missing some files?

Quote · 26 Dec 2008

Check if you have mbstring enabled on the server, dolphin requires this.

Quote · 26 Dec 2008

you have two folders that are not chmd.. to 777

groups/orca/log 777Writable 777Writable
inc 755Non-writable 777Writable
langs 777Writable 777Writable
media/images 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/banners 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/blog 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/classifieds 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/gallery 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/profile 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/profile_bg 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/promo 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/promo/original 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/sdating 777Writable 777Writable
media/images/sharingImages 777Writable 777Writable
media/sound 777Writable 777Writable
media/video 777Writable 777Writable
orca/cachejs 777Writable 777Writable
orca/classes 777Writable 777Writable
orca/conf 777Writable 777Writable
orca/js 777Writable 777Writable
orca/layout 777Writable 777Writable
orca/log 777Writable 777Writable
periodic 755Non-writable 777Writable
Quote · 26 Dec 2008

The reason why i say check if mbstring is installed is because i checked to see if you have a phpinfo.php loaded, at http://www.my-chatspace.com/phpinfo.php the results show a failed function in inc/header.inc line 173.

If the installation was unsucessful the header.inc file wouldnt be there as its generated during the install, i referenced this line 173 in my header.inc and it refers to mb_internal_encoding('UTF-8');

To make a phpinfo file to see if you have the mbstring enabled just open notepad and make a file with the following code in it, then save as phpinfo.php

<?
phpinfo();
?>

Now save and upload this to your site and go to http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

then look for:

mbstring

Multibyte Support enabled
Multibyte string engine libmbfl
Quote · 26 Dec 2008

just a quick off the hip question? who is your host, do they meet the requirements of the script?

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 26 Dec 2008

Script requirement

safe_mode must be Off, exec() must be allowed and allow_url_fopen also must be On with mbstring, domxml and xsl extensions ...they are required to run Orca forum and support UTF-8

Hmm also in the error is this

'/home/xxxx/public_html/index.phpray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

possibly allow_url_fopen is not set to on.

Quote · 26 Dec 2008

I got it installed!!! thanks to all of you for your help, and thanks sammie ,I could not have done this if you had not help!!!!

Quote · 26 Dec 2008

Thats good news, its nice to see new members helped to diagnose the problem in a professional manner and in a timely manner, keeping the community spirit.....pay it forward always consitutes good karma. Smile

Quote · 26 Dec 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.