how to make site stats virtical

Hello i have dolphin 6.1 and i would like to know how to make the site stats on the home page virtical instead of the default and how do i color the background. Can someone help me on this please

thanks

lucky

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

You can change the background color in tempates/tmpl_uni/css/general.css anchmod it 666, look right at the top of the page and find the body tag right below that is where you can set the background. Instead of that image:url line replace it with a color so it looks like this:

background-color: #800517

800517 is the color that I use, you can use any color you want. I'll look in to the site stats question.

Rob

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

great thanks looking forward for the answer on how to make the site stats vertical

waiting on your reply

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

It looks like the file you want is: inc/design.inc.php I'm going to take a look myself and see if that's the right file and how to edit.

Rob

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

ok i had changed from background-image:url('../images/body_backgr.gif'); to background-color: #800517

but i see no difference

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

what im trying to do is change the backgroun color on the tables. is that possable to do?

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

what i think you are trying to change is the background color of the blocks. if you changed the background from an image to a hex color, you may have to refresh your page in order to see it.

keep digging around though and you will see where it changes the content block is what it might be called. i think mrpowless wrote a tutorial on how to make it transparent. might wanna use the search feature of the forum and see if you can come up with anything.

and boy did we get off topic here.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 1 Aug 2008

You might want to ask andreyp if it's possible to make the stats verticle because I checked that file and al it shows is the functions for site stats. Which background did you want to change, the whole background or just the blocks??

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

hello yes im trying to change the back ground color for the blocks as well as the back ground and im trying to change the site stats to vertical instead of the default

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

Try watching this: http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/style_your_site_with_mrpowless

and check out my site truluvlife.com I did that color change in ten minutes, saved me $50. I found that changing the blocks color to red doesn't look very well, it makes the little icons look funny. I'll look a little deeper for you on that site stats thig because I know you can remove unwanted stats.

The file to edit is inc/db_cached/sitestat.inc before you do any work backup this file

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

wow a video great im going to watch the video. you have a great site..thanks for your help and the video

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

No charge Laughing

Rob

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

Here's a quick tip as a lead to addressing your question:

View the source of the page containing the blocks you want to edit. Then, search on any word that exists within that block to help you find it. Once you've located the block, note all the DIV IDs that encapsulate the block. Those are the IDs you want to focus on, on the corresponding CSS files. You will find all the setting attributes there...from background image/color, to dimensions (which is what you'll probably need to reset to give you the vertical appearance for stats), fonts, etc.  For any links (those encapsulated with <a href> tags, i.e.), they will have class names (e.g., <a href class="something"...) that you can also reference on the CSS files. Dolphin has a good framework that puts sense in what seems like a labyrinth. Yes, it is time consuming to navigate and find your answer. But, that could be a fun learning experience if you're serious about running and improving your Dolphin install.

Quote · 1 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.