html5 chat by rayz

Just purchase the html5 chat by rayz. try to install and come with db error. Even the boonex market site said that is compatible with 7.3.5, I do not think it is. It is from 2014.

Query:

INSERT INTO `sys_localization_keys`(`IDCategory`, `Key`) VALUES('32', '_sys_module_chat')

Mysql error: Duplicate entry '_sys_module_chat' for key 'Key'

Quote · 19 Nov 2018

Simply means that it is already available in "sys_localization_keys"

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 19 Nov 2018

How do I fix it. I am not an php expert.

Quote · 19 Nov 2018

That line is in /inc/classes not in module. Is this a dolphin error or module error?. Did not had any problems installing other modules.

Quote · 19 Nov 2018

Pm me access.

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 19 Nov 2018

The default html5 module that come with package working fine, just do not like flash. I guess that I am going to stick with. I hope that rayz will fix the problem. The other problem I see: why do I have to register somewhere - I did pay for that module. Looking at the db script I found a link to web site.  Thank you for trying to help me. I wait for working version.

Quote · 20 Nov 2018

I looked at this module myself and I think it is an integration to a third party chat provider where you have to pay them for a hosted chat room; the free registration is limited to 50 users.  Rayz should have been very clear about what this module actually was.  I visited the website and to get the source code, you have to pay almost 2000 euros.  If you are interested in me taking a look, send me a PM.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 20 Nov 2018

From what I can make out, a lot of Rayz stuff was integrations. Most, if not all hasn't been updated to 7.3.4 or 7.3.5 and a lot hasn't been updated since earlier in the year. Although he had some interesting modules on the surface, I've always felt apprehensive about purchasing anything from him because if the integration issue.

I also recall reading that Rayz has moved on. He certainly hasn't posted on these forums since 2016 as far as I can see.

Buyer beware. Cool

Quote · 20 Nov 2018

He should be clear about the hosting chat web site - I have hosting service and do not need another one. The free chat works. The RMS is available at my host and they even set-up that module for me. Well, lesson learn.Thank you geek_gilr. I guess, I have to look at modules, before I install.

Quote · 20 Nov 2018

You could also try thanking Expertzkris . . .  and me.

Your posts are very sexsist. Womaniser!

Quote · 20 Nov 2018

I am too old to be womanizer so thank you all. Are there any video chat modules based on webrtc that are not hosted by "third party". Idea, that someone else is monitoring my chat give me a goosebumps. know that not all web browsers support the webrtc so having flash or webrtc will give my family options.

Quote · 20 Nov 2018

I am sure John was being sarcastic on the womaniser but yes, John and Expertzkris  need to be thanked for their contribution to the community.

One of the things I don't like about Chat+ (RocketChat) as a webRTC replacement for chat and especially for video chat is that it appears to be a one to one connection.  This was discussed before without any real answers.  In a chat server arrangement, one connects to the chat server and then everyone else gets the feed from that server so the bandwidth is on the server, on the provider of the site.

Let's say I want to do video chats on a site using my mobile device.  In a video chat server arrangement, I connect to the server and the bandwidth is just my video to the server; the server then distributes that video to each one connecting to watch my video.

Now let's say I want to do video chats on a site with webRTC; a peer to peer connection.  Each time a member connects to my video feed; peer to peer, my bandwidth usage increases because I am serving that video to more and more people.

Now if I am wrong about webRTC video sharing, please, someone explain to me how it works.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 20 Nov 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.