i need help

I am new with this dolphin thing,  I need to know 2 things.  How can I send mass messages out to everyone in my community?  also, how can I control what the boonex news box says or just remove it?  Now I went into the back end of it and tried moving the box around, and I tried sending mass mail out through the back end of it but none of this seem to be working.  Please some one get back to me with some kind of answer for these questions.  You can send it to me here or email it to me at aisyork@gmail.com

Thank

Quote · 8 Aug 2008

BigAis,

Honestly, you are asking for an entire tutorial here! That's not to say I don't understand your grief, but at the same time, I don't think you will be able to get full instructions for these questions in simple posts.

In any case, for the mass-mail issue, it's important to have your advanced settings in the admin area done properly.

As for the news area, this area is very flexible, it can be changed or removed. The changes may include the importing the news from a 'blog' (for example, as in the case of Unity) and fed through with a RSS. It's just a block that you can modify to have a code in there where it has static content or a rotating content.. and so on.

The best thing you can do for this is to go to your page builder, home page and see how to modify, not only this area, but the entire page.

To get to your Admin Control Area, go http://yoursite/admin.

Quote · 10 Aug 2008

You might also try the Dolphin Documentation Wiki .....

Quote · 10 Aug 2008

Hello Bigais.

To use the mass mail feature, you have to ensure your cron jobs are set properly because the MassMail system uses the database query/cron jobs to deliver the messages, usually the message stays in queue until your cmd/notifies (periodic) files automatically send them.  Its kinda difficult to explain, but you should your cron jobs and ensure their set properly.

Secondly to change the BoonEx News block, simply goto the Admin Backend, find the Page Builders section and locate the News Block, all it really is, is a RSS feed, change the location of the feed or hide the block.
Up to you.

Hope this helps,

Daniel.

Quote · 12 Aug 2008

first thing you should do is invest some time into ready the wiki and reading these forums. it is clear that you think you are just going to come in here and we are going to just stop what we are doing and research your work for you. well you are wrong, and please understand we are here to help those who are helping themself. if you havent figured out how to move a block or disable a block from the admin section, then you are a long way from mass mailing, as i am sure you dont have enough members yet to fill a thimble. this is not geocities, and its not angelfire, you have to invest some time into this application, and your reward is solely dependent on your investment ROI basically.

the questions you asked here today where elementary, and would or should have been cleared up by spending about 30 - 45 mins on the site exploring what is what? but instead you chose to come here and post a question, and make proclamation that something was not functional, and you have absolutely no basis on that. please invest some time, learn this script the old fashion way, reading and applying, R & D research and development.

good luck in all your endeavors,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 12 Aug 2008

DOSDog, its sounds rough, but is true.

If your not willing to learn, you should'nt earn the right to become a webmaster or create/manage a community.

Quote · 13 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.