i need help

i uploaded dolphin to my host dont know what i,m am doing can someone help me where do i even star with it

Quote · 2 Jun 2008

Hello!

Before posting similar topics you should little nvestigate www.boonex.com/trac site -all this questions were written there.

Regard

Quote · 2 Jun 2008

i think citizenkane gave you the best advice. i am sure your install is wacked, if you dont even know what you are doing. you will call up your domain, it should resolve to /install.php

give you a list of properties to change on several folders and files

you will need to create a dbase on your hosting server

run through the install script,

provide paths to certain modules and applications that may or may not be loaded on your server.

provide the path to the dbase with username

continue by backing down file permissions previously changed,

provide some basic site information

remove the install directory

call up your sites root url mysite.com/  "where you installed dolphin"

good luck,

DosDawg

you are in for some fun sleepless night

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Hi,

Yup as Dosdawg says you do really need a little bit of knowledge to install Dolphin.

At the very least you should be able to understand the following -

1. How to use an FTP program to change the file permissions.

2. How to set up a basic MySQL database on your hosts servers.

3. Have the ability to know how to open and edit a .php and .html file

4. Have the ability to set up cron jobs on your hosts servers.

If you think you can handle that then you can run the install folder and get everything going. To do that you simply type in your domain name followed by /install and it should start the install for you.

For example if your new site is called www.mynewsite.com then simply type in www.mynewsite.com/install

and it should start the install process.

One quick note here - make sure when you put in a user name that it is under 10 characters. And make sure when you create your database that you carefully write down your database name and user name, watching to see if the hosts you use add any extra bits.

Once you have finished the install it will tell you to delete the install folder. I prefer to rename it (just ad a !- to the beginning) in case the install was bad and you need to do it again - in which case just rename it back to install and restart the install.

Once it has installed then simply go to www.mynewsite.com/admin to open up the admin folder

If you are following the above then you can also look at http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DolphinDocs

for more information. Then once its uploaded you can browse these forums again with any set-up/tweaking questions.

However if the above confuses you in any way then again, browse through the forums and you will find people willing to help you with the install.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.