just simple chat

How do I get simple chat to work on ray.? Do i have to have rms even though I dont want or need video chat. I have no idea how to configure rms. i read the install instructions, but my host, (hostmonster) will not allow java to run on their servers...so cannot have path to java...

any help appreciated. Im just looking to have simple chat on my dolphin site. please help. :)

Quote · 31 May 2009

you run the ray chat without video. this we call text chat. Remove the option to use RMS to boonex. in your admin - plugins - Ray

Kids first
Quote · 31 May 2009

Yea, I've tried this. But no joy. it just shows loading in chat window. nothing comes up at all.. :( just loading.

I have done this for 3 different installs, to see if I was doing something wrong. but same result. Is there any step by step instruction to get text chat working. Just simple text chat.

:)

Quote · 2 Jun 2009

i followed instructions here

http://www.boonex.com/unity/answers/entry/Dolphin_v6_1_4_permissions_after_install

and chmod all the ray files to 777. still nothing :(...just want to know if i need rms for simple text chat. If so, I can forget ray chat, and look for different chat software, because my host will not allow jre on their servers.. :(

Quote · 2 Jun 2009

solved.. :)

everything works...but im using the 6.1.4 package... my question is what was teh bloody point of releasing bug riddled 6.1.6 :(..i know its free..so i wont moan that much...

6.1.4 installed without any of the aforementioned errors..simple chat works, shoutbox works...uploads work...everything works...

what was the godamn point of 6.1.6...wernt it supposed to be some sort of improvement...:(

much credit for 6.1.4 to you guys...good work...but 6.1.6 needs to be checked over.. :)

Quote · 2 Jun 2009

Good that you solved your problems. But I have 6 sites all under 6.1.6 and have no problems with chat, shoutbox or other things. I don't use video at all..

Kids first
Quote · 2 Jun 2009

is ur host linux or windows..? and did you get any initial errors during install..? my error was

allow_url_include is On (warning, you should have this param in Off state, or your site will unsafe)

.so had to create a php.ini as decribed in a post here

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/topic/Pleas-Help-.htm

6.1.4 installed with no such errror..straight forward..ow well..ill wait for dolphin 7..:)

Quote · 2 Jun 2009

Would you consider moving to a host that will provide everything you need for a fully functioning Dolphin site?  Seems a shame to  have so much potential in Dolphin and not be able to use it.  Dolphin 7 will not fix your host issue.  If you just signed up it should be no problem to switch and get a refund.  Most hosts allow for a trial period  I use Arvixe.  They are a Boonex affiliate, have great service, and meet all technical requirements.  They should even be able to transfer your site to their servers for you.

Someday, Someway.
Quote · 8 Jun 2009

hello, I need chat in my site in the same form to facebook, only with my friends, because I install module chat and this have only chat rooms.

any idea to try in my site, help me plis

regards

Quote · 23 Feb 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.